Author Topic: POLLTTUTA demands your FAVORITE WARSHIP  (Read 43771 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
POLLTTUTA demands your FAVORITE WARSHIP
All mods, all campaigns, no items, final destination. Give me your favorite individual warship! I'm not talking class here, I want one individual ship. Tell me wwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyy! Her command crew? Her plucky resolve? Her dashing good looks? Insuperable beam firepower? The way she just...blows up?

BONUS ROUND: give me your favorite SEXP. Staple **** like is-destroyed-delay is banned. Explain to me in words accessible to a dumb space baby why you like it so much. In related news, I'm proud to announce the birth of my first child, an Aeshma.

EDIT a long time later:

At seven votes each, it's a tie between the Atreus and the Temeraire!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:54:10 pm by General Battuta »

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: POLLTTUTA demands your FAVORITE WARSHIP
You named your child after the Zoroastrian demon of wrath? :wtf: I am missing something here I think... 'Tutta, drugs are bad, m'kay?

Favorite ship is the Steele. Eh, charges Sathanas Juggernauts while going down and doesn't afraid of anything. :p

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
My love for the sexp is divided between the ship-protect and ship-guardian, both vital in so many ways! But I have love for many sexps, I would like to think I have a sexp harem.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I take you want particular ship examples, and not ship models right?
Favourite ship: Belisarius, Reason: Love the tone of the commander as he says "negative Vasudan".

Favourite sexp: ship-guardian-threshold, Reason: Makes my work just a little easier.
Second close favourite sexp: play-sound-from-file, Reason: Lets me fu** with the player's mind.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:55:46 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That's one vote for a nude and ballistic Admiral Chiwetel Steele, technically qualified as a spacecraft!

My love for the sexp is divided between the ship-protect and ship-guardian, both vital in so many ways! But I have love for many sexps, I would like to think I have a sexp harem.

You need to go on a picnic with three SEXPs. Please submit a guest list and a menu for the picnic.

I take you want particular ship examples, and not ship models right?

yes

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Fav ship: GTD Temeraire. So big. So welcoming. So home.

Fav sexp: mission-set-nebula. So many scary.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Lorric

Favourite ship: Typhon. So beautiful.

Favourite SEXP? Couldn't tell you exactly what it is, but in my own experience the one which lets me end the mission when I choose under whatever conditions I set. I think it's just the End Mission SEXP. It's vital for my branching campaign, especially the mechanic of being able to continue after your death, by cutting the mission short before the failure options pop up. I think I'd be stuck without it. I remember getting that one to work confused even the best FREDders around here for a short while.

You named your child after the Zoroastrian demon of wrath? :wtf: I am missing something here I think... 'Tutta, drugs are bad, m'kay?
Yeah, I've no idea what he means either. Makes me think of BritishShivans and his Ravana gimmick. If you actually gave your child that name, you'd be setting them up to be bullied mercilessly.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The Carthage, she's basically the HMS Warspite of the GTA.

Axem SEXPs
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Not your favorite ship class, your favorite individual warship.

Yeah, I've no idea what he means either. Makes me think of BritishShivans and his Ravana gimmick. If you actually gave your child that name, you'd be setting them up to be bullied mercilessly.

I will bet you a TC-TRI full of tacos that someone in this thread will get it and explain it, killing the joke. We will divide the joke among ourselves and eat it in sacrament. FRED be praised. May our missions be spared from crashing. May our event editors fail to lag. Eat this, my child; it is the corpse of humor.

The Carthage, she's basically the HMS Warspite of the GTA.

Vanilla Carthage or BLUE CARTHAGE FEATURING LOPEZ FEELINGS ACTION

I was gonna mention that the Belisarius is cool 'cuz it face the Psamtik and doesn't afraid of anything, but something that doesn't afraid of anything has already mentionned.
So I'll have to settle for the Iceni, which just feels like running all the time.

Me's favorite SEXP is either set-object-position, create-weapon or call-ssm-strike. set-object-position combined with waypoints makes a fiiine meal, but weapon create allows you to manually fire stuff like missiles'n'guns, which is pretty neat too. Aside from parental pride, I have taken a sadistic pleasure in using and abusing call-ssm-strike in all sorts of twisted ways.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
"Negative Vasudan" sounds like a DJ name/Internet forum handle. :D

The BP Carthage has so may feels it turned blue.

Offline Lorric

Not your favorite ship class, your favorite individual warship.

I will bet you a TC-TRI full of tacos that someone in this thread will get it and explain it, killing the joke. We will divide the joke among ourselves and eat it in sacrament. FRED be praised. May our missions be spared from crashing. May our event editors fail to lag. Eat this, my child; it is the corpse of humor.
Ah, that will certainly take some thinking about, I may not be able to answer. Perhaps the Guardian Angel from Wings of Dawn, more for the characters within it than anything else. The Colossus also comes to mind.

Perhaps the joke has something to do with Blue Planet. I don't know. As far as child names go, dropping the m makes Aesha, a fairly nice girl name. In fact, I just googled it's meaning, and it supposedly means "alive and well." I like that.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No, it has nothing to do with Blue Planet. Torture is WRONG

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Vassago duh

Favorite SEXP is whatever one enabled me to megabeam Vassago

If you love someone, megabeam them

Offline Lorric

Torture is WRONG
Yes. It is. Well, usually. Why do you say that anyway?

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Favorite Friendly Ship: The Custodian from Homesick. Didn't realize how much it meant until the last mission, but, I mean, it's all you have, and you go through a lot with it.

Favorite enemy ship: Tie between the Generation from Transcend (When he comes back: "Hello Omicron") and the good-ol' Lucifer.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
The Galatea. Only ship in FS to actually make me emotionally invested in its fate. When the Galatea went down, it provoked memories of all the lack of character building done on that ship... all the redshirt pilots coming and going from our squadrons with no dialogue save for wingman personas... and perhaps the most heartwrenching of all, the single line in the debrief about the previously unmentioned Admiral Wolf.

Fav sex pee: script-eval-string

Because WMCoolmon liked do-nothing so much he added a second one!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Masayaf, so spinning, so spooky, so FA1337.

beam-free-all because everyone forgets to use it.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The Galatea. Only ship in FS to actually make me emotionally invested in its fate. When the Galatea went down, it provoked memories of all the lack of character building done on that ship... all the redshirt pilots coming and going from our squadrons with no dialogue save for wingman personas... and perhaps the most heartwrenching of all, the single line in the debrief about the previously unmentioned Admiral Wolf.

You're a loose cannon, Shivan Hunter. But you get posts.

beam-free-all because everyone forgets to use it.

It has diminished into the West, and become a checkbox in mission specs. The line of beam-free-all has gone down into memory. Where is the horn that was blowing? Where are the horse and the rider? They have passed like retail briefings in my post history.

Offline Aesaar

The GTD Atreus.  It's the face of Admiral Steele in WiH, and is therefore the utimate face of the enemy that has been beating you at every turn. 

And with such a brilliant commander, it can and will drive all before it in a great sweep of blue fire.  Even when sitting at a dock, it casts a large shadow indeed.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:04:32 pm by Aesaar »