Author Topic: Awakenings/field of battle  (Read 1277 times)

Awakenings/field of battle
Hello.I am what you  might call a re- beginner  ,played SF2 10 years ago and rediscovering it now, WOW! Amazing.
But I have a problem with Awakenings' field of battle mission. After a brief initial combat nothing happen, the whole wing just hang around,at one point I waited 20Mn.
I played on easy and medium, at one point I even took a pot shot at the ressuply ship out of boredom, nothing.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a known issue with the game?

Re: Awakenings/field of battle
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Actually i am curious about which mission we are talking about here.

Because Awakenings does not have a mission with the name "Field of Battle".
This is the name of a mission in the main freespace campaign only, where you have to find several vasudan wings in an asteroid field.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:22:31 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Because Awakenings does not have a mission with the name "Field of Battle".
This is the name of a mission in the main freespace campaign only, where you have to find several vasudan wings in an asteroid field.
Yes that's the one. Sorry for the wrong posting.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Well... in this mission you have to look on your radar and you have to fly to the different blips, that are visible on it. If you are close enough, the next vasudan wing will be targetable.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Thank you Novachen I was playing it wrong.
BTW : "awakenings" appear in the launcher mods and "the great war" ingame

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
BTW : "awakenings" appear in the launcher mods and "the great war" ingame

Maybe you intended to play Awakenings, but do not have selected it in the campaign room?