Author Topic: TI-89 Titanium Programming  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
TI-89 Titanium Programming
In my engineering courses, I keep coming across certain operations over and over again.  I've got a TI-89 Titanium calculator and I'd like to write some small programs that take care of the rote parts of it for me.  So I've started looking for an SDK that I can use to write programs for my 89.  Unfortunately, I can't find any that actually *work.*  The ones I've looked at are:

-- The official SDK, which depends on this oddball version of the Microsoft JVM, which isn't easily available anymore.  Plus, the SDK itself isn't kept up-to-date.
 -- TIGCC, which just opens a command prompt window, then closes.
 -- GCC4TI, which does the same thing as TIGCC.

I really don't want to type in my programs on the keypad; that's just too tedious.  I was hoping someone here might have an alternative...
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: TI-89 Titanium Programming
I used TI-BASIC for my TI-84+, but I knew someone who did pure assembly for his TI-89 Titanium.  (I messed around with ASM for the TI-84+, too.)  Or maybe you can find the programs already made?  (http://www.ticalc.org/)
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
asm is probibly the only way to write performance code for the thing. but tibasic isnt that bad.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
but tibasic isnt that bad.

If you have unlimited free time, maybe. The only thing tibasic was good for on my old ti-84 was just plug and chug insert-numbers-recieve-output-from-formulas type programs. Anything less trivial than that and it would just be so slow you could nearly do it quicker by hand. Also I'm convinced that the implementation of tibasic itself is leaky and just abysmal for those more complex things.

I've heard of TIGCC but haven't used it at all yet. My best guess would be that you need to read up on the C APIs for the 89; there's probably something that you've forgotten to do, unless the examples they've given don't even work. Then I have no clue what's up. But the fact that both TIGCC and GCC4TI have the same issue leads me to believe that the problem's on your end, unless they're both secretly the same project. :p
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:11:18 am by thesizzler »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Nice thingie, the Ti-89. I didn't know people could actually modify it. What kind of things can you do with it, exactly?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
The Titanium contains a bunch of engineering reference data.  It can also do numerical differentiation and integration, one and two variable stats with multiple types of distributions, and *most importantly* solve matrix equations utilizing complex numbers.  Very useful when doing calculations in the Laplace domain.

I think I might take another look at the IDEs I linked in my first post.  Maybe I can get one of them working. 
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I (fortunately) know what Ti-89 does, I found it useful. I wanted to know what it's possible to do with an SDK. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I (fortunately) know what Ti-89 does, I found it useful. I wanted to know what it's possible to do with an SDK. :)

anything that you can do in a console with C and TI hardware. Plus you can write code on the computer and it's much more pleasant. Furthermore, with a C SDK you can use C and not assembly which is also pleasant.