Author Topic: GTM Hippocrates WIP  (Read 81232 times)

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles

The conspiracy lives on... within the design of medical ships  :p

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I was unconvinced until I saw the second picture of the neck, but now I'm a fan :yes:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Ok I got the polly count back down under 11,500. Should I continue to add more detail or would it be a waste of pollies at this point? The new neck does seem to make the rest of the ship look a little under detailed by comparison.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I assume that 11500 is untriangulated...  That would put the triangulated polycount around 25000...

Still, if there are areas that are glaringly underdetailed, go ahead and add some detail to them...

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
I assume that 11500 is untriangulated...  That would put the triangulated polycount around 25000...

Still, if there are areas that are glaringly underdetailed, go ahead and add some detail to them...

No that is by taking the face count in Sketch-Up and multiplying it by 3 to get a rough estimate.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Ah ... so then I guess you have some more room for extra detail.  And for the record, I think 2.5 is a little more accurate...

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Even with all the tubing? I figured it would play havoc with the number of pollies in the connecting faces so used the larger number to get the estimate. But by that estimate its sitting around 10,000 pollies then.

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Is this thing starting to be too much of a departure from the original model or have I kept it close enough?

***Minor Update: Reworked several sections that didn't feel quite right and added some details***

By brotherbryon at 2008-12-18

No, it's good. It's got the real functional feel. :yes:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I like everything..except that gridery front connector. Looks too flimsy IMHO.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles

The thing that bothers me about it is the shape. But changing it wouldn't be true to the original design.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki

I really like it... but bracing it a bit more at the bottom would help make it look less flimsy. Like, have it bracket the roof or floor of that lower pod, instead of just the side.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I like it a lot, it looks "functional" which is something I felt many of the FS2 Terran designs lost compared to their FS1 forefathers.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

yeah. the deimos always gave me the shivers whenever i saw it next to an orion or fenris....
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Looks good to me.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Loverly. :) The curves in the engine section are especially good. :yes:
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker

I really like it... but bracing it a bit more at the bottom would help make it look less flimsy. Like, have it bracket the roof or floor of that lower pod, instead of just the side.

Something like this. Oh and I finally figured out how to do pipe elbows.

Adding some stuff in between the girders in the upper part might help with the flimsy look as well. I'll play around with it and see if I can find anything I like. Any suggestions are welcome.

Loverly. :) The curves in the engine section are especially good. :yes:
Thanks, Those were actually the first major items I did just to see if the rest of the ship would be feasible or not.

At first glance, I can tell exactly what ship this is. So your good with what you have done to date! In my opinion, you have taken the basic shape of the original, refined what you felt was needed and made it much better than it ever was! So don't beat yourself up too much!  :yes:

Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline eliex

I love it. The model looks so much better than the original. Nice work!  :yes:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
What amazes me most is that you took the least-detailed, let's-glue-building-blocks-together retail model and turned it into a greebled masterpiece. :)