Author Topic: X52 Pro HOTAS Issues with Diaspora  (Read 3214 times)

X52 Pro HOTAS Issues with Diaspora
 :banghead: Really getting offed about this one. I have an X52 Pro HOTAS Setup with Saitek Rudder Pedals. I would like to force them to be seen as one input (I know Diaspora only likes to have one). Once this is done I would like Diaspora to accept the input. I need help with all of it. Right now, the X52 is plugged in, drivers installed, Saitek profile editor installed, and Diaspora is updated to 1.1.1.

Thank you for any help, any other information you need will be provided on request.  :D

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: X52 Pro HOTAS Issues with Diaspora
Only way to do this at the moment is to use a third party program such as ppJoy to combine the inputs accordingly. FSO (and thus Diaspora) doesn't have this ability just yet, but it is planned to do so sometime soon(TM).

You are not the first person to suggest this, try doing a forum search for "ppjoy".
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Tried PPJoy and despite an hour and a half of googling I can't figure it out. Could you perhaps walk me through it quickly?  :confused:

Sorry for the trouble.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
This is stickied on the Diaspora tech help page. 

"We could fix the problem if you just let us install the CNP on your machine......"
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I think such programs as Joy2Key and PPJoy will help there.
EDIT:  Oh, this one looks like it's the right one (the others could probably be arsed to do it as well, dunno, but):

UJR using vJoy

EDIT2: Edited to include links --
Joy2Key is a joystick button / axis to keypress / alternate axis mapper,
PPJoy is intended for multiple devices to one device but IIRC you had to disable driver signature enforcing on Windows by enabling Test mode or somesuch for Vista on up, and
UJR through vJoy seems to work for that with no fuss (it has signed drivers).

For reference, vJoy.

tl;dr: use UJR through vJoy; you may be able to find some useful tutorials on YouTube with a search.

Try that ^---   I think the other guy got it working:

I'll give it a shot and update here. Thank you much!
Good god it's like brain surgery for your joysticks.... might take me awhile....
So I got the throttle working in-game, and everything seems to be working in UJR - however, when I go to calibrate, it's stuck on 0 X axis and won't register any movement.. It's working properly in the app, I checked in game just to see if it was a fluke and it's still just turns left... gonna have to dig deeper =(
Fixed, so many options I forgot to reset some that I had fiddled with. Working as intended, thank you so much!