Author Topic: Inferno: Nostos Discussion 1  (Read 31149 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Inferno: Nostos Arrives this Summer!
We didn't want to call it 'release 1' 're-release 1', 'release 2' or anything like that to prevent confusion.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Subsequent releases will be done through patches. These patches will include new ships, upgrades to existing ships, changes to missions, and of course new missions to continue the storyline.  We wanted to go for this model instead of the evenly distributed R1, R2, etc. so to shorten wait time.

R

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
More or less like the acts in War in Heaven?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Similar, but we want to update the older missions as needed based on fan feedback (eg balance, etc).  The storyline might have minor changes and refinement (Eg character development) later.

R

R

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hey guys.

Summer's almost over.

The hell's my flame of hell.

:P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Hey guys.

Summer's almost over.

The hell's my flame of hell.

:P

September equals Autumn / Fall in my book. Soooo, where's the beef?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Lorric

I know I saw it said somewhere, probably in this thread, that they're not going to make the summer deadline.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Yeah Woo, meantioned that they would likely miss the Summer deadline and where now just focused to get it out by the end of the year.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline CT27

By Halloween maybe?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
By Halloween maybe?
When it's done :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
As betrayal says the mod will be done when its done. I am sure they are working very hard to get it done, but remember they all have real lifes which must come first and they work on this in their spare time. Please just be patient :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline CT27

Sorry, I won't pester them again.  I'm just really looking forward to it. :D 
It's my most anticipated campaign to play (though Dusk Wars 2 is a close second).

Just out of curiosity, do you know what the size of the campaign will be?  Around 1GB?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:32:31 am by CT27 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Compressed? I'm not sure yet.
Uncompressed the main data folder is over 4GB right now.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
About how large BP is... but with voice acting... Holy crap. D:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well remember that this is a standalone build so it has to include all the FSU models and maps from the mediavps with it. 2.11GB of that size is the maps folder on its own since we're using many 4096 and 2048 size textures

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Wait, nuINF is standalone ?

What is the point of going standalone if you're going to carry with you all the stuff you were trying to separate from to begin with.

All the while removing the data sharing and easy upgrade capacity the use of the MVPs give you.

Not to mention the legality of using so much retail FS stuff on something standalone.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Because when this decision was made was when INF Builds were not the norm and would break other mods pilot files. To prevent that from happening it was decided to make it not run on top of regular SCP.

Media vps aren't actually compatible with the mod due to the changing from FS2 retail tilemap naming conventions which broke all the ships (we use the original FS2 retail names still) so we'd have to edit 150+ pof files to use the tilemap package that is now classed as legacy and so we run the risk of it getting removed at some point, so we'd have to include all those maps in our base install cause they are required for it to work.
The music tbm also seems to have issues working with our music.tbl and causes an outright ctd when used together. The HTL Arcadia that's going to be used in the media vps isn't compatible with our extensions, so we can't outright use all the mediavp versions of specific models as well.

Not much of FS2 retail is left there now actually, most of the FS2 retail models still used are replaced with community upgraded ones from the media vps, and that's a small chunk of the total ship list. The only major files still used are the basic interface art for all the menus.

Offline CT27

So this will be like Wing Commander Saga standalone in that we won't even need a copy of FS2 to play Inferno:  Nostos?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exactly. You just need decent computer and OpenGL drivers, like recent FSO and newest mods.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

I hope it's not too late to make a minor suggestion:

A thing I had a minor dislike about in Inferno R1 is that we didn't really get to understand what the terms of the GTVA-EA armistice were after mission 14.  The debriefing text said numerous concessions by the EA were made but didn't say much else.  Would it be possible to add a few more sentences in the final mission debriefing to elaborate more on what the terms of the armistice were?