Author Topic: No bots in multiplayer  (Read 4014 times)

No bots in multiplayer
Hi all,

Me and my housemate have just started playing Shattered Armistice, and its ruddy amazing.

We've been trying to play over LAN, and that seems to work alright, except that there aren't any bots, its just me and him. Am I missing something, because it looks like there is supposed to be bots, but they never appear, and I can't find a setting to alter that or any topics online about it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Re: No bots in multiplayer
Pure dogfight missions don't have AI ships ( bots).

Try a TvT mission and make sure that all slots in the team loadout screen are occupied.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's pretty easy to make a dogfight mission with bots. Make a coop mission and then after the mission starts turn everyone traitor. You won't get the cool kills matrix at the end though.

Any beginning mission designer could probably make that in under 5 minutes. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I tried the TvT missions with bots (and some user created missions), it won't load this way unless you have at least two human players otherwise a dialogue pops up saying there are team captains unassigned.

Is there a work around for this?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Not at the moment. That's exactly why I said to make a coop mission rather than TvT.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
There is a bug that prevents making player ships traitor in coop missions so that idea won't work. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

There is a bug that prevents making player ships traitor in coop missions so that idea won't work.

Quite true, you can gun-down as many bots as will spawn and they won't retaliate.  They will sometimes take a little evasive action if they come close to death, but that's about it.  I was mostly wondering if there was a setting I had overlooked.

Thanks for the confirmation though!