Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844406 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Is it still armed? And if so, who did, the GTVA just in case something happened, or the EA after capturing it?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Diablo is 4.1km
The station is just short of 4 Colossus in length, or 6 Diablos

Ah, I see! Thanks. So that means the NuDiablo is way smaller than the original one. Perhaps this has already been discussed, which is extremely probable, my memory leaks are getting ridiculously larger and larger by the day.

The original diablo was definitely not 10km in length.
You might be confusing the Diablo with the Gigas?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The R1 diablo is 3.52km and the Gigas is 20km+

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Is it still armed? And if so, who did, the GTVA just in case something happened, or the EA after capturing it?
This thing has insane count of 190 turrets, and all of the are anti-air defenses. Anti-capital firepower is not included in the armament and provided from the protecting ships and stuff.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
This thing has insane count of 190 turrets, and all of the are anti-air defenses. Anti-capital firepower is not included in the armament and provided from the protecting ships and stuff.

shesh, 190 turrets, even on something that massive you could probably sting a juggernaut to death!!!
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I feel sorry for the EA vessels that spearheaded the assault to Delta Serpentis to find that.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I would rather feel sorry for any bomber and fightercraft trying to attack the new Sol Gate :P, especialy the command section. Anti-cap protection of the Ishtar is depending on the FREDer.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's nice to see that it has a number of turrets befitting its massive size.  Retail capital ships were generally woefully under-gunned as far as point defenses go.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Okay, folks. Here is the new HTL Bastion :D :

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Great model ruined by poorly done tilemapping. :(
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Wow, Hades! How very nice of you to volunteer to texture the ship! ;) :p

Nice ship, verrry nice.

Well, no, Hades is right.  That ship looks horrendously garish and over-colored.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I thought It was cool.  :blah:

If I were to analyze it negatively, it looks like it was done from bow to stern and 2/3 of the way through the guy doing the job went crazy and said '**** it'.

Also the purple is a bit odd.

That being said don't stress, my first reaction was 'coool'.  please i want to play this mod sometime within my lifetime its fine just stop

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Looks like a Raynor on steroids. Simply awesome.
But purple?

Offline Lorric

I like it. It gives me a feeling that the ship is brimming with power.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I like it. It gives me a feeling that the ship is brimming with power.
Probably a bit too much power at the moment, but it's still in beta so we'll fix that later.

Great model ruined by poorly done tilemapping. :(

Maybe you should texture it ;)? I'm very curious how it will look like.

But yes, this glowing purple is too much intensive.

Offline Aesaar

Wow, Hades! How very nice of you to volunteer to texture the ship! ;) :p

Maybe you should texture it ;)? I'm very curious how it will look like.
Whether or not Hades is willing to uvmap it has no impact on the validity of the criticism.  UV mapping isn't that hard, and having 50+ new ships isn't an excuse not to do it on your (using the general "you" here) more prominent ones.

So yeah, I agree with Hades.  Like the Diablo, this great model is completely let down by its tilemapped textures.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:15:36 am by Aesaar »

Has the same value as saying "nooo it's ugly, don't do it, blarggh..." Let's not start such debate ;)
Yes, tilemapping is not the best option for such ships but not everyone of us can make pretty textures. So here is the next problem. We can have the ship textured in tiles, but added to the mod and working or we can still have a WIP until someone will paint everything (sometimes this is the biggest problem). Of course there is another option, a hybrid. Cover the large areas of armour with tiles and make the details via UV.
Personally I'm glad that this model is done and we won't have "eternal WIP".

Offline Aesaar

Two or three months of extra work is not eternal WIP (especially since tilemapping makes half your detailing invisible).  That's what I spent mapping and texturing the Erebus.  The Dio was the first ship I ever uvmapped and textured and it took me two months from start of modeling to ingame. 

UV mapping isn't that hard, and it isn't by resorting to tilemapping that you get better or faster at it.  And even if your initial textures suck (like mine do), if the ship's already uvmapped, it's utterly trivial to replace them when you get better at texturing.  Tilemap it, and you're not going to want to uvmap it later, because hey, it's "finished"!  It may look bad, but it's finished.  Truly worth the HTL, is it not?

No, **** it, I'm just going to say it: tilemapping is lazy.  It might be excusable when you've got a few dozen new ships that may not get much screen time, but to do it on even your centerpieces is just lazy.  That's three excellent models let down by terrible texturing.  I don't care enough about Inferno to do it myself, but that's ok, because apparently the team doesn't either.