Author Topic: RELEASE: wxLauncher 0.10.1 beta [Updated 2015/09/26]  (Read 670996 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: [Updated July 1, 2010] Announcing wxLauncher 0.8.0 public alpha
I'll check it out!

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
A patched binary for you FREDers to try.

Note: requires wxLauncher to already be installed.

1) Download this zip: http://www.box.net/shared/bmuicdkxba
2) Unzip the contents into the bin directory of your wxLauncher install (overwrite the wxlauncher.exe and registry_helper.exe).
3) Find global.ini in %AppData%/wxlauncher. Open this file in a text editor and add to the end of the .ini:
Code: [Select]
[opt]
configfred=1

You will now see a button to the left of the Play button labelled "Fred" which is, as you can probably guess, launch FRED using the currently configured mod options.  You can select the FRED binary on the Basic Settings page.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:32:21 am by Iss Mneur »
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline sutekh

the .deb is 64 bit, might want to make a 32 bit version  :)

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
the .deb is 64 bit, might want to make a 32 bit version  :)
Hmm, so it is.  Strange no one has mentioned anything about it till now. :doubt:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: [Updated August 6th, 2011] RELEASE: wxLauncher 0.8.0 public alpha
Well, it took 13 months, but we finally have a Mac OS X version of wxLauncher.  Many thanks to jg18 and his tireless work over the last 2 months on getting wxLauncher working on OS X.  Download information is in the OP.

Special thanks to our pre-alpha testers (Androgeos Exeunt, chief1983, Echelon9, and swashmebuckle) and others who gave suggestions and feedback (The E, Valathil, and Zacam).

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:38:54 pm by Iss Mneur »

Offline Echelon9

Re: [Updated 2011/08/06] RELEASE: wxLauncher 0.8.0 public alpha (now on OS X!)
This is a great development. Thanks jg18.

Offline Valathil

• ...And I would have had a custom title if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
  • Custom Title? Wizards need no Custom Title!

A great development no doubt. But is it also great development? That remains to be seen  ;7
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓┏━━┓┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛

Offline Echelon9

A great development no doubt. But is it also great development? That remains to be seen  ;7
We will see ;)

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck

Decide for yourself :p

Hi guys,
It sucks to admit that I'm a noob  :D , but I really am..
I downloaded FS2 from GOG, what's next to get the updates for the game? Can anyone show me how to apply the new material or at least show me a noob friendly  thread?
Much thanx..

Everything you need to know is in this thread. I don't have any beams handy so someone else will have to do that. Welcome to the HLP. :)
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Everything you need to know is in this thread. I don't have any beams handy so someone else will have to do that. Welcome to the HLP. :)
Thanx  :D
Wow, that was a lot of work, still downloading the mediavps, and will see what happens  :rolleyes:

another noob question, what do you mean by (beams)  :banghead:

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
:welcome:
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: [Updated 2011/08/25] wxLauncher 0.8.0 public alpha (OS X 0.8.1)
For Wings of Dawn.. just use this .bmp. I took the original and just resaved it, it loads just fine. Perhaps Spoon created a diseased .bmp image?

EDIT: Reporting a minor status bar bug. See attached image. Happens after I run FSO then quit and return to the launcher.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:43:02 am by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Killbot

Re: [Updated 2011/08/25] RELEASE: wxLauncher 0.8.0 public alpha (OS X 0.8.1)
[Thread necro'ing; sry]

The 0.8.0 sources refuse to "Make" on ArchLinux.

File "scripts/onlinehelpmaker.py", line 17
    print "ERROR: Unable to import markdown the markup parser."
                                                                                                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/helpmaker] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/helpmaker.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas?
I've got the required dependancies installed and the sources cmake without errors.
Signa-what?

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
No worries about necro-ing; you picked the right place to post. :)

Some things:

(1) I highly recommend building from trunk rather than the 0.8.0 source tarball. Instructions for checking out a copy of the source are in the readme.

(2) Are you sure that you have the markdown module for Python (called Markdown in Python) installed? One way to check is to start up the python interpreter at the command line (that is, type python at the shell prompt) and then type

import markdown
If the markdown module is installed, then the interpreter will continue without printing any errors.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you need Python 2.6 or higher, but not Python 3.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:00:57 pm by jg18 »

Offline Killbot

Wow, that was quick!

Well, I've already switched to plan B: Having a little WINE. It's more flexible than a pure Linux build.

Should I ever want to try again, I'll try your SVN suggestion.

I've got Python 1,2,3 installed, as well as mercurial, markdown (for Python 2) and hg.
I've even tried removing the offending passage from the script but that (naturally) didn't work either.

But thanks anyway!
Signa-what?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
So let's say a certain soon-to-release total conversion wanted to use this, have the launcher pre-configured with a set of command-line flags and settings so that it's immediately ready to go, and not mention FS2 at all. Listing TC-specific mods would be a definite bonus.

How much of this is possible right now without changing the source? What would I need to do this?

What are the barriers preventing me from using wxlauncher as part of a TC release?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
So let's say a certain soon-to-release total conversion wanted to use this, have the launcher pre-configured with a set of command-line flags and settings so that it's immediately ready to go, and not mention FS2 at all. Listing TC-specific mods would be a definite bonus.

How much of this is possible right now without changing the source? What would I need to do this?
Removing mention of FS2 will require (some) modification of the source code (change some strings basically).

Having the launcher pre-configured with a set of command-line flags and settings would be doable with some modification to the installer (that is, change some of the profile information that the launcher has by default, though at this time, it would have to be specific to the user that installed it.  To allow these defaults to affect all users on a system some modification to the source code would be required (to change the default profile and have the launcher look somewhere else by default for the TC [it currently defaults to nothing]).

I am not really sure what you mean by "Listing TC-specific mods", but I think it does that already without modification.

What are the barriers preventing me from using wxlauncher as part of a TC release?
I would highly suggest looking at a "trunk" build of wxLauncher for a TC release.

The things that are missing for a TC release is the support for the customisation at a TC level (changing the strings).

There is a bug in the handling of profile creation that will blank the Advanced settings tab. jg18 is currently working on a fix for this.

There is no support for the new openal code in FSO. I will be doing the OpenAL stuff in May.

I should be on IRC in about 4 hours, if you want to talk about specifics.  Or feel free to PM me with the specifics.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Straightforward bug I'm running into:

I seem stuck with 16-bit color depth, no matter what I set the "color depth" option to.