Author Topic: I can't get this to work  (Read 1773 times)

I can't get this to work
I try to run the installer but it's telling me I don't have a retail copy of freespace 2. I bought the copy from good old games like the site suggests, but when i try to run the installer it says that I don't have a copy of the game. Also I could use help doing this for the first game as well.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: I can't get this to work
There's nothing to do with FS1 - you just play it through FS2 using the FreeSpace Port.

Did you actually unpack and install the GoG download?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
The installer should be able to run the GoG installer for you, select this option after you have selected a directory to install into:

Then select the gog installer .exe (setup_freespace2_2.0.0.8.exe, or maybe a more recent version).
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I try to run the installer but it's telling me I don't have a retail copy of freespace 2. I bought the copy from good old games like the site suggests, but when i try to run the installer it says that I don't have a copy of the game. Also I could use help doing this for the first game as well.

What OS are you running?