Author Topic: Bug Report Thread.  (Read 44943 times)

Offline magic

BuletSix, thank you again.

I think the issue with after mission crushes is fixed in 102.

It was a problem with memory allocation :cool::

One of the functions was set to return value (number+1) instead of (number). Human error from the bad old MC2.
That caused another function to look for a value after the end of allocated memory space...

It took me 2 weeks to find it, and I couldnt before I started recalculating the math, function by function.

Old MC2 does not usually get that far, so it was not a visible error in mc2.

I spent entire month just chasing and fixing bugs in editor and in game. It can be really frustrating :mad:

Offline Lucas4

First let me say,  That I love what you've done with the game. The new mechs and refilling the repair truck, really cool. But now for the bug I've found.  Has anyone else found that the Clan energy weapons and swarm misslies don't show up after Mission 11? The other Clan weapons show up once you complete the Moon mission, just no ER or pulse lasers. The Energy weapons will stay in inventory if you strip them from captured mechs, But that's the only way so far that I have gotten them. Also on the Volstand Campaign, I can't get the Lentin Airfield mission to end. I complete the objectives, and return to the Base HQ. But nothing happens. Even if I have my mechs completely encircle the building. Well that's all I wanted to gripe about. Again, I love the makeover, it has reminded me of why I used to Love the Jenner mech in MW2 mercs.

Offline magic

Thank you for playing, Lucas4.

About clan energy weapons, this is in purchase files, probably excluded for some reason, or forgotten...

On the volstand campaign, there is some friendly (captured) vehicle somewhere near by. Destroy it and the mission will end. This is old MC2 bug: I f your mechs are in extraction zone and some of the friendly vehicles are to close the objective cant be completed. I created another function to replace that one but I couldnt rewrite old campaigns scripts, sorry.

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
The Clan energy weapons and the Swarm LRMs are in 'purbonus11.fit'. AFAIK, all past 'purbonusXX.fit' files are loaded in addition to the current mission's 'purchaseXX.fit' file, so I don't know why they would suddenly drop just because one reaches a certain mission.

Offline Lucas4

Thanks for the info on the Volstand problem. It was a resource truck that is at the base. Thanks for the help. When i finish the campaign, I'll try the Carver 5 game again.  And again thanks for the update of a really fun set of games. 

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all for revitalizing this game.  Now on to the bugs.  I have found two in the Clan Eagle campaign.  The first is in Mission 10, One Mech.  I completed all of the objectives, except the last, which is supposed to be done by a helicopter.  The copter flies to the right area, but then just sits, doing nothing.  The second is in Mission `12, Kanrut Airfield, Part 2.  Here, I have cleared out all of the baddies and completed all of the objectives.  I get a final objective: 6.  Clear and Move to Extraction Point.  The game then places a number 6 on the mini map, at the western end of the runway, but there is no extraction marker, and nothing happens when I move my surviving mechs to that area.  Any suggestions/outright help would be appreciated.

Offline magic

fgbrooks,

thank you for downloading and playing MCO.

Clan Eagle campaign is one of the most difficult for me for "transfer to MCO".

In mission 10, something is wrong with copter brain, so I added 2000 (or maybe 4000 RPs) for scout copter. Call scout copter from the support tab and send him to destroy that building.

In mission 12, sorry I was unable to open the mission in editor to add extraction marker. Use double line formation and move your mechs around that number or jump your mechs around the number until you find the correct location.

Hi Magic,

Thanks for the suggestions.  The Scout Helo suggestion worked in the One Mech mission; however, with regards to Mission  12, nothing that I do that you suggested or anything else that I have tried works in triggering the mission ending.  Looks like I will have to remove it from the campaign in order to  move on.

So I've been playing MCO for awhile
The first thing I noticed and that I also read about here, is the purchase fit bug(or at least for exodus). I was curious if there'd be varying quantities of components  and mechs instead of singles after every mission, or especially for the solo missions(singles? in THAT? that is where the new shop irritates me, only there though because it is a great idea but not polished up for missions)
Though I've been having fun boosting weapon damage and tweaking things so it's not boring as hell with IS stuff and so clan stuff isn't insane, it's very nice

I have had a few random crashes occur, but not enough to repeat it(other than that elemental I sold...) and the purchase bug that is already known.

On the liberation of volstand camgain I believe I have found a bug. The mission is the one to destroy the training facility and you have to get the pirates record and capture the comstar base it starts with 2 objectives the adds the records then add investigate the crash site.

Tried it by the numbers as soon as i destroy the orbital gun turret 2 it pops up investigate the crash site I start down that way and it crashes.
Completes all secondary objectives and primary the started down towards the crash site and it crashed again.

The third time I tried it ignored the objectives and tried  to go straight to the crash site and it crashes again . Seem every time i go towards the crash site I get a crash. Anyone else have any ideas on what to do or how to finish so i can try next mission....

Clan Eagle campaign tried the work around for the clan eagle mission destroy the control tower launched 2 scout copters and they did not fire or do any damage at all to the tower. Any idea on how to complete this mission. Would be alot easier if there was a way to get jump jet mech across the water way or get a air strike or a fixed arritly to shoot at it. Might just uninstall game and everything and just resinstall back with the Campagin i am trying at the time...

Anyone have any ideas on my post about the liberation of volstand I am really like that series of missions.

Figured out a work around for liberation of volstand complete 2 and kill all enemy then go ahead and capture record halls then capture base asset headquarters then leave me in base and summon up a scout copter send it to mobile turret and then have it fly directly to crash site over water and boom gave me credit . Any mech trying to investigate triggers a crash in the game.

Offline magic

About the Volstand and Clan Eagle campaigns. They have some brains specific to mechlab. They tried something like invisible unit or something else that crushed even the original versions. And the way they used triggers.

I had crushes in 3 missions in clan Eagle campaign. When your forces trigger something that triggers some unit brain the game crushed.
After finding those units, either deleting or changing brain file to dredattack01 fixed the problem.

I am sorry, I dont have time to rewrite all the brains.

So I got to tinker around with MCO for a little bit and I came across a couple of bugs.

1.  I can't remember which mission (MW2 Mercs Campaign), but I think it was the first Draconis Combine mission, zooming in too far crashed the program.   I'll  have to test it a bit further to see if this is a fluke or not.

2.  Twice I have gotten a black screen upon failing a mission.    Once, the mission marked as failed just as I clicked Abort Mission, and it loaded black.  The other time it did it without any interference from me.   Both times I was able to get back to the mission preparation screen by moving the mouse (I could still see the pointer) and clicking until I found the button to skip me to the next screen.   So it was working at least, but I just couldn't see what I was doing.   In my case, there was no harm except I didn't get to see the mission stats, but it could be problematic at times if a pilot has increased in skill (green to regular, etc.) and has various abilities to choose from.   

Neither of those two bugs is really game-breaking, but it's best to report anything, right?  If I come across more information about them, I'll be sure to post about it as well as any other bugs that I find.

Also, I'm really enjoying the new features.  However, is decreasing the drop weight limit supposed to give me 10,000 C-bills?  I think I may be enjoying that particular "feature" too much.    :lol:

Nice work on everything!

Offline jkm881

I'm not sure if it is a problem with MCO or with MC2, but I have not been able to run either since I got my new machine.  I think it is a problem with running either on Windows 7 b/c they worked fine on Win XP.  Whenever I try to run either program, the spalsh screen comes up on the desktop, the CD drive spins up, the usual black window appears and then the game crashes and never leaves the desktop.  I have tried using the compatibility modes, and deleting the badcard/vidcard files but I get the same result regardless.  I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this, MC2 is one of my favorite games ever.  I am running 64-bit Win7 Home premium on my new Alienware that runs MCG just fine... :banghead:

Offline magic

MCO works fine on win7/64, even better then on xp, you dont need any compatibility modes.

Try to ease your win7 security settings.

Sir Carnifex, everything is wort reporting, thank you.
Nobody reported something like that before.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:22:21 am by magic »

I have another bug to report.   

While playing (again) the MW2 Mercs campaign, I'm getting kicked from the game with this message:

STOP      :  [ASSERT 301]  WeaponShotInfo.init: damage out of range 
Address   : 0x00415FD7
Location  : MCOREL! (+0x14FD7)

Call Stack
==========
0x00476B93 MCOREL! (+0x75B93)               
0x0058131B MCOREL! (+0x18031B)             
0x0058FFB4 MCOREL! (+0x18EFB4)             
0x005900AE MCOREL! (+0x18F0AE)             
0x0058FC0D MCOREL! (+0x18EC0D)             
0x00590194 MCOREL! (+0x18F194)

This is during the Prosperina section, mission two - taking out the assault lance and protecting the artillery.   So far it's happened twice in the same mission.  The first time I had finished and was almost do the extraction point when it occurred.  I tried again, completed my objectives and was just starting on my way to the extraction point and the same thing happened.  Reloading about three more times didn't help.  It would keep happening at the exact same time.

Offline jkm881

Ok, tried running it with no Compatibility mode, with all Win 7 security off, and I got the exact same thing.  I have Mcafee, does that interfere with MCO?

In a different mission in a different campaign (Exodus this time), I'm getting the exact same error described two posts above.  Reloading the quick load doesn't help as it will always crash at the same time.  I'll try redoing the mission and see if I can get around it.

jkm881, I'm running McAfee and the game starts up just fine for me.   However, I do not have Windows 7.  I'm running XP.

Possible bug on the march to Terra campaign the first butler mission where you have to scout and destroy the turret generator has the jumping atlas attacking. Finished objectives and go back to the dropship but game does not end. So went back and killed all the enemy on the map including the forklift and still know end to the game does seem to have a visual dust off point to end the game. Am I missing something I put my mech in formation and walked every inch around the dropship anyone know how to end the mission.