Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 618077 times)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Getting ready for Operation Endgame in Xenonauts. It has some inconsistencies here and there, but bloody hell it's good. Fun fun fun.

Also, some Hostile Waters from a giveaway. Mission 8/10, 5 different units, 2 combatant, 3 weapons. Underwhelming. I'd kill for a dual weapon chopper but whatever. I'll need to find other, more developed game like that with multiplayer at some point.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Star Wars: Republic Commando. Excellent game; graphics are a little on the old side, but not painfully so; the AI is cutting-edge for its era and better than some modern games; the squad command mechanics are advanced, intuitive, and practical (how many FPSs make you wish you could tell your buddies "That's a good sniper spot, use it!" or just "STAY THERE until I tell you otherwise?"). And it's Star Wars, so bonus points for that.

Oh, and the MUSIC. Holy cow. 50% John Williams, 50% scary-awesome Mando'a war chants that I can't get out of my head.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Like FEAR, the AI is rudimentary but the synergy between AI, animation, audio, and level design is exquisite - which is the showmanship and performance that makes for good game AI.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Star Wars: Republic Commando. Excellent game; graphics are a little on the old side, but not painfully so; the AI is cutting-edge for its era and better than some modern games; the squad command mechanics are advanced, intuitive, and practical (how many FPSs make you wish you could tell your buddies "That's a good sniper spot, use it!" or just "STAY THERE until I tell you otherwise?"). And it's Star Wars, so bonus points for that.

Oh, and the MUSIC. Holy cow. 50% John Williams, 50% scary-awesome Mando'a war chants that I can't get out of my head.

Bonus points for portraying the Battledroids as credible OpFor instead of team slapstick. Super Battle Droids drop the Bass.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Sometimes Titanfall and i nearly finished all regeneration challenges of Generation Two. At the moment i am at Level 30 in Gen2.

Also i started a new seven year long career in F1 2010 and finished the first four races. I play on Intermediate and 50% race lenght and won all four of them... even i had luck in Malaysia that it starts to rain during the race and i changed to Rain tyres instead of intermediates like the other pilots. So i was able to end this race without another pit stop. All others went to pits three laps before the end, because it gets too wet for intermedies ^^.
The next race is Catalunya, Spain, there i was never able to get a good position, because the AI is much faster there. I hope i am better this time :).

Also i am playing The World ends with you on the NDS right now and i am in the middle of the Third Day. A very strange game... and i have big problems to handle both Battles (top and bottom-screen) at the same time :/.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
The Empire at War re(make) mod for Forces of Corruption. Even though it is just a beta right now, it blows all the other mods I have played so far out of the water (specially the finished new death animations, the ships drift off the play area while burning up for a while before exploding.)

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Empire at War remake?
say what now?
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Finishing up Batman: Arkham Origins .... will finally get to the good stuff with Asylum; too bad there is going to be City in the way before I can get to Knight

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Been playing a lot of world of tanks recently with my new clan, RELIC.

Offline An4ximandros

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
As much as I do enjoy the Consortium, what I really would like is to be able to do a galactic conquest with the new Rebell and Empire units but without having to worry about the Consortium randomly blowing up my structures.

Also Space Skirmish mode in FoC is a bit unbalanced at the start since X-Wings get handily trounced by Tie Interceptors any mod that redoes that, should make standard Ties the starting unit again, and move Interceptors to the same tech level as A-Wings.

I've actually been playing the Republic at War mod for FoC, and it isn't too bad, though I am a bit disappointed that Acclamators don't seem to be all that effective.  It's kind of neat how they have restricted certain structures to certain planets, no longer can you mine everywhere, though you have farms and refineries for money now too, and heavy vehicles are now treated like capital ships where you can only build them on certain planets.

Not sure the balance is very good, but it's reasonably fun.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Part of me likes that a lot, and part of me is saying "Ew, new graphics."

Hmmm...  :blah:

Yeah, regarding the Chip's Challenge bit, apparently, the GFX is based off of the Atari Lynx set. It's the music I should be more worried about.

Anyway, Mass Effect 1. *bleep*, I forgot how awful the inventory system was. *mumble mumble sort function mumble...*
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline An4ximandros

As much as I do enjoy the Consortium, what I really would like is to be able to do a galactic conquest with the new Rebell and Empire units but without having to worry about the Consortium randomly blowing up my structures.

Also Space Skirmish mode in FoC is a bit unbalanced at the start since X-Wings get handily trounced by Tie Interceptors any mod that redoes that, should make standard Ties the starting unit again, and move Interceptors to the same tech level as A-Wings.

I've actually been playing the Republic at War mod for FoC, and it isn't too bad, though I am a bit disappointed that Acclamators don't seem to be all that effective.  It's kind of neat how they have restricted certain structures to certain planets, no longer can you mine everywhere, though you have farms and refineries for money now too, and heavy vehicles are now treated like capital ships where you can only build them on certain planets.

Not sure the balance is very good, but it's reasonably fun.
The mod disables the sabotage ability completely

Offline crizza

Bonus points for portraying the Battledroids as credible OpFor instead of team slapstick. Super Battle Droids drop the Bass.
Having reinstalled this half an hour ago^^

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Finished Xenonauts. That last mission. Not long, but so damn crazy. I did not realize all the objectives so I left all behind. They carried out their task so well and they died because their commander couldn't figure out how to get them out.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Finished Riku's story in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories last night. I'll be starting on 358/2 Days this week.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
After seeing it mentioned on a few threads on HLP, I decide to fire up Sins of a Solar Empire, and was shocked to find that I don't own it!  I think I had it mixed up with Sword of the Stars, which I played only once and did not enjoy.  So now Sins is on my Steam wishlist, waiting for a sale.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

I personally enjoyed Sword of the Star's II more than the first one, even though the 2nd is tad harder than its predecessor.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
The first one was too hard for me.  :)  I'm not generally a fan of turn-based games, anyway; I prefer to be able to respond to things as they happen, rather than be punished for guessing wrong.

Anyone who wants my copy of SOTS in the original box can have it for the cost of shipping.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Was watching a friend play some Elite: Dangerous...

Docked at Battuta Port.

>.>

<.<