Author Topic: GTS Hygeia  (Read 15540 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Since many of the retail FS2 ships have been continuously improved upon, there are many ships left to improve. Among them is the GTS Hygeia and the GVS Nephthys. I know they are long overdue. Maybe they spent a lot of time and attention with the fighters, transports, freighters, cruisers, corvettes, and capital ships. I'd like to see them improved. Therefore, I'd like to propose that the GTS Hygeia and GVS Nephthys models to be improved with a hi-poly HTL model with glowpoints, uv mapping, textures and normal mapping for the future MediaVPs release.

EDIT: There's a thread on the WIP GVS Nephthys. Go to that thread for suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:03:44 am by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Re: GTS Hygeia and GVS Nephthys
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Re: GTS Hygeia and GVS Nephthys
Nephtys has already been HTL'd by Oddgrim. The Hygeia had a HTL in process IIRC, but it's modeller disappeared halfway and the model in question was never released to anyone else, AFAIK.

Also, your post sounds awfully...demanding. Did you think about your choice of words before posting? Not trying to be rude or anything.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Nephtys has already been HTL'd by Oddgrim. The Hygeia had a HTL in process IIRC, but it's modeller disappeared halfway and the model in question was never released to anyone else, AFAIK.

Also, your post sounds awfully...demanding. Did you think about your choice of words before posting? Not trying to be rude or anything.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I want to help out. So, I'm looking for something to improve upon. I know the Hygeia had a HTM in process, but its modeller disappeared halfway. Can I make it another one?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:11:27 am by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I think everyone is pretty well aware of what ships are in need of HTLisation, thank you very much.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Thank you, everyone. I appreachiated it.  :)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I'm not trying to be rude, but I want to help out. So, I'm looking for something to improve upon. I know the Hygeia had a HTM in process, but its modeller disappeared halfway. Can I make it another one?
Sure, if you can model, give it a try! Nobody is going to stop you :)

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Thanks, if I am free :)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Thanks, if I am free :)

I have been following this thread for a couple of days and this last comment just tipped me over the edge.  I have sent you a PM that covers a bit of HLP culture and forum etiquette.  Please read it and carefully consider its contents before giving us any further impressions.

R

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I'm actually making it. I'm trying to get the tools, the POF Constructor Suite and the Collada plugin so that I can convert the Hygeia POF file to Collada (DAE) format so that I can import it via Blender 2.6. There I can start work on it. However, these required files are not found even at present. I need help from others.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I'm actually making it. I'm trying to get the tools, the POF Constructor Suite and the Collada plugin so that I can convert the Hygeia POF file to Collada (DAE) format so that I can import it via Blender 2.6. There I can start work on it. However, these required files are not found even at present. I need help from others.

PCS2 can be found here; both Blender and PCS2 should include Collada support by default, so you shouldn't be needing any plugins for it.

Out of curiosity, what's your native language? From how some of your posts are phrased, I have the impression that it's not English.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I've got PCS2, and I did it. My native language is English.

In fact, I've made a rough hi-poly HTL version of the GTS Hygeia. The engines and "vents" I've made. They are shown as pictures of the Hygeia viewed from the front and back.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
It's a start but unless you have Oddgrim-class texturing skills, it isn't much of an improvement over the original one. You'll need to add much more details.
I've just remembered seeing that Ragingloli was working on this before leaving and showed around this pretty model:
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/lulzifer/GTSHygeia012.jpg
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/lulzifer/GTSHygeia015.jpg
Damn he's good! Apparently he hasn't been active since 2011 so I don't think we'll get our hands on it. It's a pretty complex model, but you can use it as a reference.
Keep it up and good modelling! :)

So.... you added 10 faces?

It's clearly very early in the modeling process for him, he even has "rough" in the title. I don't understand who you think you are with this passive aggressive a-hole bull****. HLP is about encouraging new talent and offering constructive criticism, not discouragement and ridicule. If you don't have anything to offer from your own vast modeling experience, to help him with his goal, just keep quiet.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Luis Dias

Ragingloli's level is just frustratingly terribly perfect. He would wipe the floor with anyone (even Oddgrim) in that modelling contest were he still around.

I hope he is in some AAA game developing company designing badass things.

Oh and I didn't mean to be pass-aggressive or anything, but I agree it came out that way. Sorry about that.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Well, don't forget that Ragingloli was creating ships for renders and not for game purposes.  They didn't need to be optimized at all, unlike the work of Oddgrim and others.  It is encouraging to see someone new taking on one of the few remaining Terran ships that remain low-poly.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Luis Dias

That Ragingloli Hygeia seems sufficiently low poly to me.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
You are gonna tackle the Hygeia? cool!

Looking forward to see your work man :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Thank you, Rodo and The Dagger. I really appreciate it.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template