Author Topic: Anyone still having problems with Intelgrated Graphics + dedicated nVidia / ATI?  (Read 1811 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Anyone still having problems with Intelgrated Graphics + dedicated nVidia / ATI?
Finally got my laptop to quit using Intel HD 3000 graphics for FSO and use the nVidia GT 540M instead.  Not sure if it's:

1) Windows 10

2) Newer graphics drivers / or stock nV drivers (I modified the .inf files in nVidia's driver to allow stock nV drivers on my Toshiba-branded nV card {normally would have to wait for Toshiba's nV drivers}).

3) Telling nVidia Control Panel to use nV graphics on the entire FS2 folder, not just the specific FSO .exe

4) 3.7.2 RC5 instead of 3.6.14 RC6

Whatever it is, debug log shows I'm using nVidia now, so I might actually play a bit now.  (Yeah I could have -no_glsl but I didn't want to, darn it!)

If anyone else is still using Intel integrated and hasn't gotten their dedicated card to kick in, might want to try again, especially if it's nVidia.  I'll try booting 7 in a bit here and post back to see what it uses when FSO launches, see if I can narrow it down.

Re: Anyone still having problems with Intelgrated Graphics + dedicated nVidia / ATI?
Hi there. Intel HD 3000 + gts 555m here. Game always worked brilliantly but now after Windows 10 installation and reinstallation of FS2 got 2 issues (check topic "Effect on engines..."). Mostly graphic issue but works fine. Worked well also on Win7.