Author Topic: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.4 (Linux & Mac OS X)  (Read 29072 times)

Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.4 Release Candidate 1
I'm having an issue with the 1.0.4 RC 1 Patch.  When running the base R1 game sans patch it starts fine.  If I install the 1.0.4 Patch my AV detects Trojan horse Generic30.CDJY in fs2_open_Diaspora_R1.exe as soon as the Launcher starts. I've removed, re-downloaded and reinstalled just to make sure. Each time it pops a detection after the Patch is applied.

Downloaded 2013/07/21 @ 5:40 EST from "http://diaspora.fs2downloads.com/Diaspora_R1_Patch_1.0.4.exe" which is the link on the main download page.

I dunno if it's a false detection or what. Just thought I'd let you know.

Take Care.

Offline Veers

Just out of curiosity, what AV are you using? :)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

AVG, most recent definitions.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
My Avast and Malwarebytes Antimalware show that file as clean.  Probably just a false positive - I think there is another thread about false positives for Diaspora.  You might also check out a virus upload service - I used to use one that would check using several different products, but I lost it after my last Windows install and forgot about it until just now, so I don't remember what it was called. :(
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

I'll disable AVG and load up a few others I have on hand as a comparison. Probably should have done that in the first place, but was too busy playing... which is a good thing. I'll post the results after I run it against ESET, BitDefender and Kaspersky.

Offline Echelon9

I'd just use that web submission site that runs a given file against a whole host of current AV. I think you will find it is likely a false positive.