Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 7252 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Well, it's here - the spanking new Interviews forum. Here's the deal:

The moderators of this forum are the only ones (aside from us admins, of course) who can post new threads in this forum. Everyone else can only reply to threads that have already been made.

Now, the moderators are also HLP's interviewers. They will be doing interviews of various things as they deem fit - Campaign leaders, SCP programmsrs, expert renderers, outstanding 3D modellers, etc. They will conduct the interview outside the forums - on ICQ or whatever, and then post the interview in this forum. Once they've posted the interview, everyone will be able to reply with questions, comments, etc. There's no guarantee that the original interviewee will keep responding to question, but we hope so.

So, any questions? :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Can I interveiw people? I've always wanted to be a journalist.

My Credentials include the school news paper and .. um..

*runs*
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
oy... more moderators... fun. That brings it up to about 50% of the active members. How did these people get chosen?
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
sounds good! go for it!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by vadar_1
oy... more moderators... fun. That brings it up to about 50% of the active members. How did these people get chosen?

They asked to do it, provided the staff with proof that they were good at it, and the rest is history IIRC.

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
I'm seeing my boss this friday so i'll ask her about interviews and post a "how to write an interview thread" here. OK with that?

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
well, the interviewers here, have already done proffesional type interviews, and the others.. well, if they need one.:p
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Besides, you're the moderator.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
I know. Just...aah forget it

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Can I have my pants back?

Who moved my cheese?

Can I be a moderator? I wanna be able to ban things and edit other peoples' posts. I'm a good interviewer, I've done it before on several occasions, as well as interrogations. I even got one published in the (school) (news)paper (a long time ago)!

Though that might have had something to do with the state of the paper.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2002, 10:41:23 am by 262 »