Author Topic: no reverse thrust  (Read 3335 times)

hello guys,I'm not new to free space but new to the mods, very impressive and nice job on the graphics, I had no choice to download from steam but Its all working Cept the reverse thrust, well and the other the Thrusters as well, not even on the Saitek joystick, help me help me please

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Only ships with reverse thrust or thrusters will be able to use them. The Viper in Diaspora, for instance, has these features. None of the ships in stock FreeSpace 2 have them.

nooooooooo, lol geez I guess the babylon project rUined me for life, I'm not sure of the mission since I've started a new campaign with the new graphicsbut there's the mission where the massive alien dreadnought is approaching the Jumpgate and I have to take out its beam weapons before It Warps and reverse Thrust seems to be the only way, thanks for the rapid response

are there any replacement ship Packs that would accommodate my problem ,  thanks...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
There might be some fairly basic mods that could do it, though I'm not aware of any. You can definitely beat that mission without any kind of reverse thrust!

thank you general Batutta sir, I like the word you chose, definitely, when I fail more than 5 times, I will definitely postfor further instructions

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's a notoriously tricky mission, but remember that you don't have to take out all four beams. I think you only need to kill two to pass the mission.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Gotta keep moving.
Gotta keep moving.
Gotta keep moving!

Have a support ship close and twin launch your biggest bombs. Just remember the urgency.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
If this is Bearbaiting, I used this walkthrough to complete the mission.  Good luck, pilot!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

yes yes,that's right I just started using that feature the other day, the dreaded twin launch,lol, that's the ticket... walkthrough czar fine only if you died 10 * in a row or 2 hours have gone by whichever comes first haha, I am most gracious for your help.... oh yeah I tried  star wars Trilogy yesterday, It was crazy wild, , going to save those major battles for a rainy day...

the s j Sathanas, completed on 1st try w 2 beam weapons taken out, I lEarned a tactic while flying the stealth scan mission, by flying just behind the tentacle and matchin speed piece of cake it was, talk about being all geared up and nervous before entering that mission... not that I'm that smart I had to replay the campaign up to this point because of the advanced ,Enhanced, graphics, See ya round the campfire, oh I mean jump gate

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
the s j Sathanas, completed on 1st try w 2 beam weapons taken out, I lEarned a tactic while flying the stealth scan mission, by flying just behind the tentacle and matchin speed piece of cake it was, talk about being all geared up and nervous before entering that mission... not that I'm that smart I had to replay the campaign up to this point because of the advanced ,Enhanced, graphics, See ya round the campfire, oh I mean jump gate
OK, have a try in Insane now :P

I perceive that to be a huge disaster with a possible Demotion...

didn't want to start a new thread But...when a large ship goes between me and the sun it looks really great but is there anyway to disable the sun glare, I'm old and it hurts my brain

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
I believe you are talking about lightshafts. If you are using wxLauncher, you have to go to the "Advanced Settings" tab and check the option "Disable lightshafts" in the Graphics section.

yeah that will  help A bunch, but it's really when I fly directly into the sun,  those light shafts are really really cool, I hate to disable those but anything will help, appreciate the help

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
If you're talking about the screen whiteout when facing the sun, I don't think it's possible to turn that off.  I would think messing with the lighting settings could reduce the severity, but the numerous times I've asked haven't garnered a response, and my tinkering has yet to fix it.  I would also be most appreciative if anyone knows how to tone it down. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Lighting settings won't affect whiteout. You can, however, tweak the whiteout in the context of lightshafts by means of post_processing.tbl; if you look in MV_Root.vp, in data/tables/post_processing.tbl, the following section is at the end:

Code: [Select]
#Light Shafts
$AlwaysOn: YES
$Density: 0.5
$Falloff: 1.0
$Weight: 0.02
$Intensity: 0.5
$Sample Number: 50
By tweaking these values (at a quick guess, decreasing "$Intensity:" should make it less intense), you can alter the appearance of lightshafts.

However, there is no equivalent way to easily tweak the non-lightshaft sunglare; the closest thing you can do is go through stars.tbl and add "$NoGlare:" to the end of every "$Sun:" entry (no, there is currently no way to adjust the values used).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
It'd be nice if you could have the sunglare hit you and then have your canopy or helmet compensate (like those sunglasses that get opaque in low light but darken in bright light).  That would sort of be the best of both worlds, I would think. 

Of course, if the light bothered you, you would want to be able to shut if off.  Anywho..

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
That would both be neat looking AND useful.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons