Author Topic: In what form does the Ancients took  (Read 6755 times)

Offline Vellos0x1

• What goes here?
    • Steam
In what form does the Ancients took
My hypothesis: Blue squidward

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Re: In what form does the Ancients took
Squid kids.

Look at how unparalleled their advanced weaponry is. Eons ahead of any known civilization.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
They probably look like relatives of Alpha 1.

:warp:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Vrets

They take the amalgamated form of all the loser lab partners that I've had in college.

Ancients: "Hey Vrets, we finished our contributions to the subspace tracker project!"

Ancient me: "You dumb fvcks, we needed that last year. Everyone is dead but us"

Ancients: "Vrets is so controlling, let's make a sad monologue about the cruelty of life in space"

weird ****ed up metal/rock people who directly interface with their spaceships because that's all the rage these days

They had spaceship fetish?!?

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
This is what I drew a long time ago in paint for FD.All those black lines and blobs are their insides,organs and connections.
I know I ain't so good in paint.

[attachment deleted by nobody]
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Offline Vellos0x1

• What goes here?
    • Steam
This is what I drew a long time ago in paint for FD.All those black lines and blobs are their insides,organs and connections.
I know I ain't so good in paint.

It's a nope then?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That's actually pretty cool and weird.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Thanks.I wanted them to be as weird as possible,I got inspiration from my beautiful little cancer :)
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I recall some years ago someone describing his vision for the Ancients.   He described a being that looked like it was wearing a very long cloak or cape that completely wrapped around the body from the shoulders, but had no visible body extending beyond the bottom of the cloak.  The head was described as being a kind of ball of light that was suspended above the "shoulders", and I think he mentioned energy-like arm limbs, which could shoot energy balls.  It was basically a plasma-energy being that made an attempt to assume a form that vaguely resembled humanoid... so basically a Vorlon.  ;)
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oh ****, it's a S'pht!

I'd kind of assumed they looked much like Vasudans, or possibly just straight up were Vasudans. At the very least, I'd figured they were humanoid, because common ancestry is the only reason I can think of as to why Vasudans would look just like humans.

Maybe Earth is only a forgotten Ancients colony, so actually Terrans are in fact Ancients.
After the fall of their homeworld, they decided to destroy all technology here to be safe for eons ;).

But because of the lost technology, there were no possibilites to keep the knowledge about the ancient-shivan war. So we forget what happened in the past and so after a few generations, the now-called Terrans developed a new culture with new technologies and want  to conquer the universe again and created the GTA for this... you know the rest of the story ;).

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:29:57 am by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Luis Dias

FFS, they obviously look like this, it's reight der in the canon DOH

Maybe Earth is only a forgotten Ancients colony, so actually Terrans are in fact Ancients.
After the fall of their homeworld, they decided to destroy all technology here to be safe for eons ;).

But because of the lost technology, there were no possibilites to keep the knowledge about the ancient-shivan war. So we forget what happened in the past and so after a few generations, the now-called Terrans developed a new culture with new technologies and want  to conquer the universe again and created the GTA for this... you know the rest of the story ;).

Makes sense. So what's the next step, creating Cylons and wait for them to rebel, or fighting the Covenant until they release the Flood ? I'm voting for option 2 given that we've already found giant spinny structures in space.

Or something...

Actually, they looked like this:

Explains why they hated everyone...

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
but it doesn't explain their genocidal tendencies or penchant for empire-building

if that was the case they'd just be sitting in their spaceships playing the clarinet over loudspeaker into subspace all day

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
but it doesn't explain their genocidal tendencies or penchant for empire-building

if that was the case they'd just be sitting in their spaceships playing the clarinet over loudspeaker into subspace all day

This sounds like first-hand experience.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I'd kind of assumed they looked much like Vasudans, or possibly just straight up were Vasudans. At the very least, I'd figured they were humanoid, because common ancestry is the only reason I can think of as to why Vasudans would look just like humans.

Common ancestry is a terrible reason to assume similar body shapes, particularly between humans and Vasudans. The first primates appeared on Earth somewhere between 50 and 60 million years ago (no longer than 80 million years ago), and these were teeny tiny things that probably looked more like lemurs than people. Even being generous and assuming the 80 million year mark, that's not enough time for the kinds of fundamental anatomical differences to evolve between Vasudans and humans (the structure of the pelvis, hips and upper legs being the most immediately obvious and fundamental to the body plan). And if, somehow, those changes had occurred, the pressures that drove them would have to be so deep seated that the idea that the overall body shape would be retained is, frankly, ludicrous. Remember that changes of the anatomical magnitude of, say, conversion from one femur bone into the two seen in Vasudans have never evolved on earth, even when the tetrapod body plan has been applied to animals as diverse as rats, frogs, birds and dolphins.

Instead, if we have to assume that the Vasudans evolved entirely independently from us, then that's a far more interesting prospect, because it tells us that, in the Freespace universe at least, technological sapience is best developed within a basically humanoid body, because despite the very small sample size of three species, two of them have a fundamentally similar body plan. That's unlikely to be a coincidence given the vast panoply of potential body shapes we could have seen.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline qwadtep

Or maybe they're GTI operatives who went back in time to destroy the Vasudans before the Vasudans even existed, but went back too far and ended up destroying everything except the Vasudans instead, and were subsequently destroyed by the Shivans, leaving behind the key to both human and Vasudan survival.