Author Topic: What Freespace are you (Re)Playing Now?  (Read 1432 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 418, Cutscenes: 8, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
Re: What Freespace are you (Re)Playing Now?
Hmm. I should play something. I never played past WiH R1, so that's an option! Will report back soon. :)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
So I'm a bit late in replying to this, but 2 weeks ago I actually played A Walk in the Sun for the first time. Taranis did a nice job with the campaign. I mean there's nothing new or amazing, but it's well done for what it does.

I haven't played any of the releases of JAD 2.21 since 1.0, but I promise I'll got back and play it again once JAD 2.22 comes out on the 22nd (Axem is still on schedule for that...right?)
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Torchwood

• It's a Long Way to Tipperary
I'm still playing some of the Wings of Dawn misisons in my free time, both from the classic and the remake.
Other than that, there's Dimensional Eclipse, the JADXA arcade, the new ASW. Heard good things about BtA, meaning to give it a try.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Still plugging away at BtA. Finally got some time to play it again today. Did anyone else find Playing Pirate really tough?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well shoot guys over the last week or so i booted up the old FreeSpace machine for the first time in years. Downloaded and finished Blue Planet Complete. So good. For the first time in a while I feel like life has meaning again! :D

Will definitely play some actual new campaigns whenever I next find the time. Obviously gotta play BtA and find all the snails... Any other suggestions of campaigns to play from the past, I dunno 5 years? Really wish I'd stuck around.

New Wings of Dawn, Just Another Day, Aerilon is Burning over at Diaspora spring to mind.

I've gotten a big nostalgic urge recently & played through a bunch of old games, with got me wanting to play through FS2 again. Unfortunately, I would feel guilty for not finishing BtA first, which I keep putting off due to me wanting to be able to put 2-3 hours in it uninterrupted, and that kind of timeslot is getting increasingly rare (which, incidentally is also the reason my ability framework keeps getting stalled).

tldr; I want to play BtA & FS2, but can't find time to do it properly.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only Capella supernova.
Played through the german exclusive "Relic - Spuren im Sand" (translated: Relic - Traces in the Sand) campaign today. A campaign from 2009 with 40 missions and 10 cutscenes...

That was indeed interesting, but in my opinion it want to tell way too much in this campaign.
The Death of Khonsu II and the fight for the Vasudan throne, The GTVA return to Sol which leads into a complete GTVA-Sol war that end in a reunification. The Return of the Hammer of Light that had knowledge about an Ancient Superweapon, that they want to use and to hand over the Shivans with ETAK. Oh and you have to deal something like two complete Shivan invasion fleets, of course.

Everything in only one campaign... other people need only one Plotline for a whole campaign.

But actually i did have much more problems with the voice acting. It uses voice files from FS1 & FS2 most of the time in the missions. And some TTS-pieces for exclusive lines. Even i think that TTS was not implemented very well here, the voice files from the original campaigns were the much bigger problem for myself. You hear the same sentences over and over again and they never regard the developments that happens in this campaign. So i had often the impression, that the Story is not carried on in the mission itself, because you always hear the same.
Female FS2 pilot since 1999.

German Translations created by me:
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos, Silent Threat: Reborn (in development)

If you want to know, what my nickname means, -chen is a german diminutive term, so you can translate Novachen as something like Little Nova or Novalet.
Even my original meaning of this name is more like "Sweet pretty deadly (Super)Nova".

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
    • My old squad sub-domain
That has grabbed my attention and piqued my interest.

I just wish my German was better. :(

I just started playing through FS1 for the first time since I was a teenager. It's been really cool so far, but it's been making me want to get into making missions -- specifically for Fate of the Galaxy. I have yet to determine if their release will be coming this year. If so, then that will definitely make me want to make a series of missions all the more. Already have one good idea that would be perfect for a 3-4 mission campaign too. I just have no idea how to actually start mapping using FotG assets. I'm sure I'll figure it out though.

Will be playing through FS2 in short order, was breezing through the game and realized I was on easy mode. Oops! Don't care though, had a fun time.

EDIT: I opened FRED and the SW assets were the first thing to pop up. Looks like all you do is have to load the mod?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I just started playing through FS1 for the first time since I was a teenager. It's been really cool so far, but it's been making me want to get into making missions -- specifically for Fate of the Galaxy. I have yet to determine if their release will be coming this year

I wouldn't bet on that, unfortunately.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

"Truth" is the opinion of the majority which it can enforce on the minority. Members of the minority have two choices: join the bandwagon or think. Those who do not fall into line will be brutally crushed.
The tools to maintain order are: lies, double standards, and hypocrisy. The most powerful and the most insidious of them is hypocrisy