Author Topic: FS Source made the news  (Read 5050 times)

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
FS Source made the news
Just to let you guys know, the release of FS2 Source made the Gamespot PC news. Weee. And as always, the only place they linked to was their own, pay-per-month high-speed download. Not that  I care.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
I see you failed in supplying us with a direct link.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2862979,00.html
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hehehehe - I was hoping my email got to the right perosn over there - I wasn't able to find a "Submit News Item" link, so I sent it to the support email:

Glad it made it to the news. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
heh-heh-heh... nice.:D
i think I'll leave the 'seriously' joke out this time.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I posted source code news at www.voodooexteme.com last thursday. :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
I posted source code news at www.voodooexteme.com last thursday. :p

No you didn't, but you did post it at www.voodooextreme.com last Thursday. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Grey Wolf

I submitted news to GameSpy Daily, but there archive is broken so I can't tell whether it went up or not...
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Always nice to have a link to the news :nod:
Got Ether?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by sandwich

No you didn't, but you did post it at www.voodooextreme.com last Thursday. :D

Look at my face... :doubt:
:headz:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Look at my face... :doubt:
:headz:

Eh? All I was doing was jabbing a bit at the URL typo you did. :D

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Übercoolness - it made the Slashdot news!!!!!!!
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
Originally posted by Kazan

oh, here's the link.
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/04/28/1816249.shtml?tid=156
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Originally posted by kode

oh, here's the link.
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/04/28/1816249.shtml?tid=156

Ahhhh, look at all the morons on Slashdot who know nothing of the wonderous Freespace discussing it.  It's so funny to see their strange arguments that are all grounded wrong.    They know nothing of the :V: / :I: / :THQ: relationship.  Ah well - at least they stay on their own forums.

--TurboNed
"It is the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars! I don't see any flying cars. Why? Why? Why?" - [size=-2]Avery Brooks from an IBM commercial[/size]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Kazan

Hahah, nice... :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

Eh? All I was doing was jabbing a bit at the URL typo you did. :D

Oops! ;)

I thought you corrected some spelling or something. ;)
Didn't notice that typo in the url. :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Oops! ;)

I thought you corrected some spelling or something. ;)
Didn't notice that typo in the url. :p

For my 1600th post, all I will say is:  :D

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man

For my 1600th post, all I will say is:  :D

I sorta got bored doing 1000th post stuff, 1500th post stuff 2000th post things or 2600th post stuff.
Got Ether?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Zeronet

I sorta got bored doing 1000th post stuff, 1500th post stuff 2000th post things or 2600th post stuff.

Bah - sheddup! :p

Besides, 2600 has a special meaning - to those who know what it is. ;)