Author Topic: Seth [RELEASED]  (Read 39118 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Coming along very nicely. :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Your version of this ship is the sex.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Mind blowingly nice. I wish all newcomers to HLP would act more like you.

R

Looks great so far. :D

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
So, I've had problems with my mouse who decided to quit on me last weekend, so work was stopped for a while. It turns out that modeling and UVmapping with only a touchpad is not quite funny. This weekend I've got a new mouse and there's some progress.

I think the model is pretty much finished, so I started UVmapping. The polycount is a bit less than 11k triangles.

I just made a quick base texture just to show something. This is not even a good base texture, but I wanted to show some progress because this thread needs more pictures, so here it is:

I'll go back to work now...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:07:51 am by The Dagger »

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet :yes:

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
you're still on the right track.

keep going :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I must say, that is a rather impressive piece of work.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Kolgena

Is the vasudan to scale?

Looking gorgeous.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Wow! I just found a huge problem!
The missiles firepoints in the original model are right in the middle of my intakes!  :banghead:
I pretty much love those intakes and I would love to keep them...
So I ask the FSU team members... may I keep those intakes and move the firepoints? I could place them just alongside the intakes (yellow points) or maybe between the other firepoints (red points):

** Image lost to the Void **

If the firepoint position is a must, then I'll see what to do...

PS: That vasudan should be to scale as it was taken directly from the Tauret model and mine is exactly the same size than the original Seth model.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:53:37 am by The Dagger »

Offline -Norbert-

Do those grey spheres behind the intakes look over the intakes? If yes, they'd make nice "missile pods" in my opinion. It would also let the missiles come out pretty much from the same spot as in the original, just a bit further behind.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
That picture is from a slightly down angle. From a frontal view, those gray things are almost unnoticeable.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What if you cut the height of the intakes by half, the did a step-back and then put the missile tubes in.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah.. I like the intakes too, but the firepoints should really stay as close to retail as possible.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
What if you cut the height of the intakes by half, the did a step-back and then put the missile tubes in.
What he said. Firingpoints should be as close to retail as possible, and fitting them above (or below) the intakes seems like good idea.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
You could also try having only 4 intakes per side instead of 5 and put the missile points in the middle.. actually it might not look right.. or it could look cool. /shrug. I'm sure you'll come up with a working solution. :) Excellent job! :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
So, I'm going out in a two weeks travel so I won't be able to work on this for the next couple of weeks.

The firepoint issue has send me back to the modelling stage. Most of my UV islands are intact, but I will have to repack the UVmap. I see it as an opportunity to correct some errors that I've noticed but that I was to lazy to fix.  :yes:
The texture I was working on will be nearly useless once I've redone the UV. Being my first texture, I wanted to show it a little before it enters oblivion. I was focusing on the front part, so here it is:

Regarding the firepoint issue, I have to say that those intakes look big but the place they take was actually pretty small.
So I decided to replace them completely with missiles bays. And may God have mercy on my soul... :shaking:

Those missiles bays are actually half the size of the Tauret's. So they're actually pretty small I think.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:53:58 am by The Dagger »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Would it be worth posting the progress you made on the original so if someone wants to they can turn it into a variant for use in mods
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Would it be worth posting the progress you made on the original so if someone wants to they can turn it into a variant for use in mods
Well, I don't thing a messy UV map, a halfdone texture and a model that only contains detail0 so far is worth releasing. Once I'm done with this, I will release it and it should be rather easy to only edit that small area if someone wants to.

Offline Kolgena

I'm not a fan of the cracked dirt look on that original texture. Otherwise, it's pretty good.

The new missile bays look good. I guess it's a loss to see those cool vents go, but these are fine too.