Author Topic: GVB Hathor [Released]  (Read 18259 times)

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
So, some time ago, the Inferno Team proposed me to design a vasudan bomber to be portrayed as a successor to the Sekhmet based on some :v-old: concept art. I started working on it but my design really drifted away.
And now, this model is finally done:
Hathor (View in 3D)

Download: Mediafire

Many thanks to Oddgrim for his vasudan pilot model and to MjnMixael for converting the shield ani.

I hereby release this model under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported Licence (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:16:33 pm by The Dagger »

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Awww. Yiss. Please keep working on this, it looks badass.

Only thing I'd change is the upper spikes, I'd make them look like some sort of Radio antenna, but that's just me.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Looks nice.

I believe that same :v: concept art spawned this a while ago. Or was it another one ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships

Actually, the Hesat comes from this one:

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I like it  :)

I'm not really a fan of the thin spikes & tails, I think they look a bit too fragile and easily-shot-off, therefore out of place on military vessel - excepting that they could be comms gear of some sort.  They do add nicely to the feel of an organic-y ship (going off your drawing here, p3d doesn't work on my current PC), they make me feel like they need to move/sway when the ship's flying through space :)

Lastly, I like the name too, joy, love, motherhood, and bombs in your face for coming after my kids! :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Gorgeous, and definitely captures the classic Zod look. :D Vasudan stuff is hard, too, so I'm even more impressed. One suggestion, if you're interested, would be to maybe make the "tails" destroyabl e subobjects?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
This looks fairly nice. I do think the middle section would look better in relation with the rest if it was flipped upside down. Atm, the location of engines plus the shape of the cockpit makes it look a bit imbalanced.

I do hope that you don't plan on letting it sit in Inferno's hands only, I fear it would be too long before anyone else could touch it.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
I do hope that you don't plan on letting it sit in Inferno's hands only, I fear it would be too long before anyone else could touch it.
Not sure where you get this from, we have released assets in exchange for outside help in the past and I believe that is the deal Rampage made with the Dagger for his help in this. I believe the team's attitude leans more towards getting things done than caring about keeping everything a secret until release. Now granted there are a few assets we intend to hold back but those assets are large and iconic to Inferno as for the rest we are very reasonable and open to negotiation in exchange for aid.

Very nice work there the Dagger, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yeah, remember when Mjn textured the shivan crafts ? They all got released when done. The asset maker is the only one to decide of the release of his own assets, as it should be.

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline Luis Dias

That's a very nice ship! Keep going.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Thanks for the comments.  :)
The model will be released once finished according to the deal I made with the Inferno team, 'cause I like assets to be public.
They were very cool about it too.

EDIT:
Now that I'm back from work I'll go into some details:
I'm not really a fan of the thin spikes & tails, I think they look a bit too fragile and easily-shot-off, therefore out of place on military vessel - excepting that they could be comms gear of some sort.  They do add nicely to the feel of an organic-y ship (going off your drawing here, p3d doesn't work on my current PC), they make me feel like they need to move/sway when the ship's flying through space :)

Well, I guess those tails could be sensors, comms or decoy systems. I'd guess that having them swaying would be cool but it would make it look even more fragile (and I honestly wouldn't know how to make that work, although some really imaginative rotations may do the trick).
So, I'll try to make it a destroyable subobject and that's it.

Lastly, I like the name too, joy, love, motherhood, and bombs in your face for coming after my kids! :)
According to the article I linked, there's a story that says that she was so furious after discovering that some men where plotting to kill Ra that she became Sekhmet (goddess of war) and massacred people around 'til Ra intervened. That's why I chose the name. :)

This looks fairly nice. I do think the middle section would look better in relation with the rest if it was flipped upside down. Atm, the location of engines plus the shape of the cockpit makes it look a bit imbalanced.
I tried this suggestion. I think it makes it look even more unbalanced, as it moves the mass center further down. Both the bomb tubes and the engine "nacelles" look bottom heavy already. The cockpit as it is compensates a little.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:09:42 pm by The Dagger »

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Not apologizing for the bump. This thing looks great! I'm impressed with some of the deviations away from the concept art to make it more earthly. Good work on your first original design.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Well, thank you SypheDMar. Actually RL is getting in the way of this project, but I'm still working on it little by little. I have been focusing on annoying bits like the engines connections to the main frame so I have no real progress to show. I'll try to have something to show for next weekend.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Justified double-post:

I'll add a little more detail to the engines, the cockpits and call it done.

EDIT: removed outdated p3d link
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:26:54 am by The Dagger »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
wow, it looks so awesome.
el hombre vicio...

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
This will be an excellent addition to a currently waaaay too thin user-made Zod ship list.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Looks like a shortened version of the Sekhmet.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Tokamaku Yokuu

• Maybe it's a dream.
I can pretend it's a baby Sekhmet. With thirty gun points. For strafing the projectile limit.

This looks very good and undeniably alien :yes:

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Thanks for the praise guys! :)
I think this is ready for texturing. I'll start working on that over the weekend.

I was aiming for it to look like a Sekhmet descendant, but I didn't thought it was so obvious! Here's a size comparison pic.

EDIT: Oh, and the Hathor has only two missile points more than the Sekhmet...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:23:16 pm by The Dagger »