Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 452914 times)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
Well if you think about it, even without their better subspace technologies the Shivans should have pretty good knowledge of the whole region of GTVA space if from nothing else then their war with the ancients. We know they were using two of the three known Knossos portals for their own travel, so it's not a big leap of logic to say that they could probably activate one themselves and that they would already know it was there. I'm sure they could also have shut it down properly without blowing it up.

As for why? Well they're shivans. :p
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Or, they could have used an uncharted jump node.  :nod:

If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
 :eek2: I left the FS community for a while due to burnout and what luck I have to come back to...this! It's certainly worth the wait, that's for sure. No Jump Node 0s, no ****ty scripting, no science cruisers that have no purpose other than to make a huge explosion and kill you...

There are some minor niggles though:

-The Krios' captain is, well, kind of overacted. He sounds like he's constantly in a state of fuming rage.
-The pirate mission is somewhat buggy. I managed to get one of the friendly freighters disabled, and somehow I managed to fulfill the cargo objective when I turned on cheats and mercy-killed it with ~k. Perhaps you should add events that do something when freighters are disabled or make their engines invulnerable.
-The thing with the Crazy Ivans is the dirtiest, meanest, most low-down sucker punch I have ever experienced in an FS mission! That was cheap! At least give me some tiny chance to defend myself instead of cutting off my engines and killing me with a sexp when I call in support to get moving again! Grrrr! :hopping:
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
At least give me some tiny chance to defend myself instead of cutting off my engines and killing me with a sexp when I call in support to get moving again! Grrrr! :hopping:

I hate that part...
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
-The thing with the Crazy Ivans is the dirtiest, meanest, most low-down sucker punch I have ever experienced in an FS mission! That was cheap!

Good. That's the emotion we were hoping for. :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
-The thing with the Crazy Ivans is the dirtiest, meanest, most low-down sucker punch I have ever experienced in an FS mission! That was cheap!

*rants incoherently*

I would have preferred a ...But Hate the Traitor pants-****ting ambush, but you didn't even give us the dignity of that, you just went for a "**** you" trap.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft

*rants incoherently*

I would have preferred a ...But Hate the Traitor pants-****ting ambush, but you didn't even give us the dignity of that, you just went for a "**** you" trap.

In other words...awww man...
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Uh, didn't you pay attention to the Giordano and the newly re-arrived Crazy Ivans?  What do you think they were doing?

Hint: You weren't killed by a sexp...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Who here didn't fail that mission on their first go?

Offline Narvi

Uh, didn't you pay attention to the Giordano and the newly re-arrived Crazy Ivans?  What do you think they were doing?

Hint: You weren't killed by a sexp...

The fact that you couldn't escape if you didn't jump out should be more obvious, natch. Otherwise people are just going to keep retrying without actually jumping out.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1

Well, I did complete the mission, but I ended up having to replay it anyway from the red alert screen because red-alert works even if your engines are knocked out (which mine were), leaving me with no engines in the next mission.  And IIRC the next mission is flagged no support.

I actually did complete it on the first try without having my engines busted.  Pay attention to what your wingmates are saying.  HINT HINT.  The red alert section took me a couple tries.

Aurora Paradox

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well after less than an hour of playing, I'm stuck on that red-alert mission where you follow two transports and have to protect them till a recovery ship arrives or what-not. A wing of Basilisk's seem to take them both down while I'm engaging them, and it's happened every time I've attempted it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Look at the red dots next to the targeting boxes, and fire at the one nobody else is firing at.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Look at the red dots next to the targeting boxes, and fire at the one nobody else is firing at.

What do the red dots next to the targeting boxes correspond to?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Well after less than an hour of playing, I'm stuck on that red-alert mission where you follow two transports and have to protect them till a recovery ship arrives or what-not. A wing of Basilisk's seem to take them both down while I'm engaging them, and it's happened every time I've attempted it.

That was actually really difficult.

How many friendly fighters are attacking the target.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

How many friendly fighters are attacking the target.

I see, thanks

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
A wing of Basilisk's seem to take them both down while I'm engaging them, and it's happened every time I've attempted it.

I know. :blah: I actually made it easier without Goob noticing and moved the Basilisks an additional 400m away from where he had them.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I did notice... >.>

Offline Vretsu

/feeds ST:R to 3.6.10 media vps

My frequent Fs2-renaissances (relapses?) always seem to coincide with the release of some legendary project that was sure to never be released the last time I was around. I guess that's more obvious than it sounds...you know...all I'm really saying is that time passes for other people at about the same rate that it does for me. -

Uh, good job..."Goober"..."5000."