Author Topic: CVS Builds  (Read 126006 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Has it been fixed yet? I want to try some stuff in one of the new builds but it's hard to do anything with the framerates going through the floor all the time.
Nope, nag WMCoolmon about it.  I'm not fixing bugs that have been introduced only in the unstable branch, so this fix is up to the person that broke it in the first place. :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, the things I want (the hull repair cap and camera message fixes) are presumably in the 3.6.9 branch as well, but there are no new builds off that available. :p

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Seeing as how I had this up anyway :)

Basically CVS plus one minor fix that didn't really solve anything anyway :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That one seems to work well, but the brightness bug is back in it (this thing). I suppose I can live with it for now.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
That one seems to work well, but the brightness bug is back in it (this thing). I suppose I can live with it for now.
Was it also broken in the rc7dot8 build?  The code hasn't changed since before then, so if it worked properly in that build then the bug shouldn't have returned and it may just be a build specific thing.

Offline redmenace

I might have to start posting builds for the stable branch. I am not sure though what condition the project files are in.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Was it also broken in the rc7dot8 build?  The code hasn't changed since before then, so if it worked properly in that build then the bug shouldn't have returned and it may just be a build specific thing.

Do you have a link to that build? I've been using the normal RC7 and it doesn't have the problem.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Do you have a link to that build? I've been using the normal RC7 and it doesn't have the problem.
http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/rc7dot8.rar

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 10/27/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

New builds this evening when I come home.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 11/01/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/rc7dot8.rar

Sorry, I've been incredibly busy over the last week. That build has no issues. The 7.9 build you posted in the FSU upgrade forum seems to interpret the brightness and ambient factor settings differently than the older ones did (the same brightness settings look far brighter and washed out in it) but doesn't have this problem either.

By the way, is that 7.9 build based on the 3.6.9 branch? It seems to have a serious bug with AI behavior that isn't an issue with this 7.8 build or the original RC7. I'm finding that the AI fighters are usually sitting still and doing nothing when being spawned inside fighterbays and are also often randomly forgetting their orders.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 12:26:19 am by CP5670 »

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
By the way, is that 7.9 build based on the 3.6.9 branch? It seems to have a serious bug with AI behavior that isn't an issue with this 7.8 build or the original RC7. I'm finding that the AI fighters are usually sitting still and doing nothing when being spawned inside fighterbays and are also often randomly forgetting their orders.

The RC7.9 AI bug is quite serious. I mantised it in 1133. Please, add the info you find about it in this one.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline redmenace

New builds will take a couple of days.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 11/04/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 11/06/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 11/07/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Note, for anyone using these builds, there is a change to subsystem flags.  What used to be:

+subsystem-flag-A
+subsystem-flag-B

...has now become:

$flags:  ( "subsystem-flag-A" "subsystem-flag-B")

... so its more like how ship and weapon flags are dealt with, and takes up less vertical space in subsystem entries.  Doesn't apply to pre-existing subsystem flags such as AWACS and engine wash entries though.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline redmenace

Not sure if WMC has commited that one line fix yet.

New builds hopefully this evening.
              -Frederic Bastiat

I got massive slowdowns when swarm missiles like the hornet get fired....:S
Playing fs1port without adveffects