Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 4  (Read 16877 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
3.6.9 Release Candidate 4
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/3.6.9-RC4.rar

New and improved!  Now with exactly the same stuff as RC3!

You'll need to get the alpha patches for the MediaVPs, if you don't have them already:
 - to fix mv_effects.vp:  mv_alphapatch.rar
 - to fix mv_adveffects.vp:  mv_advalphapatch.rar
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:24:00 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline neoterran

Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 4
Next up : Release Candidate 5, pre-alpha 1, build 4532  :D
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Goober, I would put a link in your first post to the alpha patches for media vps.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline NHJ

Thanks, I'll try to see if this build still crashes on me or not. Unfortunately I don't have Freespace 2 here, only at my parents' place. Oh well, I should be working on school assignments anyway :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Good call, ARSPR. :)

Offline RoniXt

I don't know whether it's been reported yet, but the game still crashes in FS Port SM2-05a when it's trying to transition to the next Red Alert mission.

and linux release?
linux gamer

i tried fc3 on linux and i cant see the subach laser!

my friend tried fc4 on win and cant see the subach too (he see squares), we used the alphapatch both for effect and adveffect
linux gamer

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
What cmdline options are you using?  It may not work properly if you don't use either -jpgtga or -img2dds.

Updated Linux and OS X builds are on the way, I've been out of town and am still trying to catch up.  OS X 10.4.7 causes a rather severe bug so I have to get that fixed and tested before I can update the builds.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I confirm having the same issue and RoniXT. Red Alert transitions completely exit to desktop. Relaunching the game allows playing the Red Alert and the game is fine until the next Red Alert transition mission. Will run debug's and catpure logs for them. (providing debug builds actually crash!)

Output from "Reaching the Zenith" in FSPort: (clipboard copy)

Code: [Select]
Assert: *ship_index != -1
File: C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open_3_6_9\code\MissionUI\MissionShipChoice.cpp
Line: 3246
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    wl_get_default_weapons()    wl_fill_slots()    weapon_select_init_team()    weapon_select_common_init()    red_alert_init()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816f97()
------------------------------------------------------------------

From fs.log:

Code: [Select]
=================== STARTING LEVEL LOAD ==================
Reassigning player to squadron Galactic Terran Alliance
Someone passed an extension to bm_load for file 'GTA.pcx'
ANI 2_Loading.ani with size 43x43 (32.8% wasted)
Starting model page in...
Beginning level bitmap paging...
loading warp model 128
SHOCKWAVE =>  Loading default shockwave model...
SHOCKWAVE =>  Default model load: SUCCEEDED!!
MISSION LOAD: 'sm3-05a.fs2'
Hmmm... Extension passed to mission_load...
Reassigning player to squadron Galactic Terran Alliance
Someone passed an extension to bm_load for file 'GTA.pcx'
Starting mission message count : 163
Ending mission message count : 179
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
=================== STARTING LEVEL DATA LOAD ==================
About to page in ships!
Loading model 'transport01.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'transport01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum:  392743724, IBX checksum:  127716376 -- "transport01.pof"
Loading model 'science01.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'science01.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 3662392276, IBX checksum:  132121399 -- "science01.pof"
Unknown special object type $reactor while reading model science01.pof
ANI shield-f10 with size 93x93 (27.3% wasted)
Loading model 'fighter10.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'fighter10.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum:  440883452, IBX checksum: 1535327754 -- "fighter10.pof"
ANI shield-b03 with size 93x93 (27.3% wasted)
Loading model 'bomber03.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'bomber03.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum:  887026394, IBX checksum: 3306743245 -- "bomber03.pof"
ANI shield-capital02 with size 93x93 (27.3% wasted)
Loading model 'capital02.pof'
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'capital02.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 2758820462, IBX checksum: 1130155003 -- "capital02.pof"
Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem reactor 4, believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem reactor 5, believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem reactor 3, believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem reactor 2, believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem reactor 1, believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem fighterbay 1, believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Warning: Ignoring unrecognized subsystem fighterbay 2, believed to be in ship capital02.pof
Unknown special object type $baddaboom01-01 while reading model capital02.pof
Unknown special object type $baddaboom02-01 while reading model capital02.pof
This mission requires 209 Ship_subsystems. See #define MAX_SHIP_SUBOBJECTS.
Paging in mission messages
SOUND: C:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open_3_6_9\code\Sound\ds.cpp:1038 - OpenAL error = 'Invalid operation attempted.'
Stopping model page in...
ANI shield-f10.ani with size 93x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-b03.ani with size 93x93 (27.3% wasted)
ANI shield-capital02.ani with size 93x93 (27.3% wasted)
User bitmap 'TMP824x43+16'
User bitmap 'TMP256x256+8'
User bitmap 'TMP256x256+8'
User bitmap 'TMP128x128+8'
Bmpman: 1936/4750 bitmap slots in use.
Ending level bitmap paging...
=================== ENDING LOAD ================
Real count = 4963,  Estimated count = 2311
================================================
Received post for event GS_EVENT_RED_ALERT during state transtition. Find Allender if you are unsure if this is bad.
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 14.214 (14.214)
Got event GS_EVENT_RED_ALERT (57) in state GS_STATE_CMD_BRIEF (43)
Throwing out event 15 because of state set from 43 to 44
ANI icon_ml16 with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI icon_disruptor with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI icon_avenger with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI icon_flail with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI iconproms with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI icon_banshee with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
ANI 2_ml16.ani with size 304x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_disruptor.ani with size 304x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_avenger.ani with size 304x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_flail.ani with size 304x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_proms.ani with size 304x304 (40.6% wasted)
ANI 2_banshee.ani with size 304x304 (40.6% wasted)
Int3(): From c:\languages\visual studio projects\visual c++\fs2_open_3_6_9\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1027

BTW, I _love_ now being able to target jump nodes, THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 05:29:30 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

What cmdline options are you using?  It may not work properly if you don't use either -jpgtga or -img2dds.

Updated Linux and OS X builds are on the way, I've been out of town and am still trying to catch up.  OS X 10.4.7 causes a rather severe bug so I have to get that fixed and tested before I can update the builds.
mmh i dont use -img2dds, but i use -jpgtga

edit: i tried also -img2dds and i have the same proble, i cant see subach

i use the command line:
/fs2_open.bin -spec -glow -jpgtga -img2dds -mipmap -orbradar -fps -ambient_factor 50 -mod media_vps

with media vps 3.6.7 + alphapatch for the square smoke
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 06:11:48 pm by YemminatoR »
linux gamer

Offline Kaine

the patch vps are intended for use with the 3.6.8 media vps iirc. try using those?

but with 3.6.8 vp i have hacked tables message on multiplayer game and game crash when im going to wait room :/
linux gamer

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Getting black screenies in OGL
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
but with 3.6.8 vp i have hacked tables message on multiplayer game and game crash when im going to wait room :/

That's the main reason why I tell everyone to install the media VPs to their own folder :) Simply click on the no mod button and try without the media VPs. At least that way we can easily check if this is a media or code problem :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline RoniXt

Speech is also broken in this build.  It was fine in RC3.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It was built without speech.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I'm no longer having major sound and music issues, I now hail this build as my new lord and saviour.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
I confirm having the same issue and RoniXT. Red Alert transitions completely exit to desktop. Relaunching the game allows playing the Red Alert and the game is fine until the next Red Alert transition mission. Will run debug's and catpure logs for them. (providing debug builds actually crash!)

I haven't had any trouble with the Red Alert transition within the last 2 FS2 missions . Can you test with them?

I've selected these missions as FS2 campaign doesn't end so you can always access the last mission from main hall, no need to go to techroom. And then I've selected to replay previous mission. My only trouble has been that doing that, the pilot data have been corrupted, (I played FS2 campaign ages ago), so in the previous mission my weaponery has been heavily reduced and it has been a PITA passing it with just Subhatch and Rockeyes. Make a pilot backup before testing.

EDITED. And talking about data corruption and Reset buton

After passing "The class of Titans II" with the corrupted pilot, I've played it in mission simulator. Then you can see (Simulator before reset.jpg) how poor my available weapons are. But if I press Reset button (Simulator after reset.jpg) I recover the normal available weapons.

But if I replay the mission doing Replay in last one (the red alert one) then I get even less available weapons (Campaign.jpg) and Reset doesn't repair anything.

Is it normal (I mean the difference in Campaign/Simulator loading screen and/or the difference in Reset button behaviour)? Or is it a bug I should mantis?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:37:17 pm by ARSPR »
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Is it normal (I mean the difference in Campaign/Simulator loading screen and/or the difference in Reset button behaviour)? Or is it a bug I should mantis?
Pretty sure it's already Mantis'd.  It's already known anyway.  The fix will be part of the big pilot file upgrade, whenever I get the time to finish it.