Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 6  (Read 22206 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 6
Got'a love configure files

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
FINALLY! I was getting tired of having my shields not recharge......

....you DID fix that right?

D'oh I think it was because of my fault...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Is text on a single command-briefing page supposed to be cut off if it is too long?

Regarding the MediaVPs, will we get a new compile so we don't have to add in patchs or will the situation stay for the forseeable period?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Is text on a single command-briefing page supposed to be cut off if it is too long?

Yes.  But if you have the mediaVPs, you'll get scroll buttons.

Regarding the MediaVPs, will we get a new compile so we don't have to add in patchs or will the situation stay for the forseeable period?

When 3.6.9 is released?  What do you think?

Black boxes, no burners.... drive me crazy....
Rather than continue to harass the coders on the RC6 thread, I'll post the next installment of my ever-continuing stream of problems here.

OK! I'm sure you guys are familiar with the black boxes around certain weps, as well as engine glows not appearing, in later 3.6.9 RC's. Well, people told me that I needed the mp-710 VP's, which I got, and replaced the alphapatches with, as instructed. The thing is: it changed nothing. I have, in my mediaVP folder: the 3.6.8 Medias, Axem's swirly warp effect, and the mp-710's. So why is it that nothing's changed?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Black boxes, no burners.... drive me crazy....
Posting a zillion threads with different questions is actually more annoying than posting a zillion questions in one thread.  Assuming they're all related, of course.

Threads merged.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
[EDIT] Nah, it's got it. and this build plays VERY well I might add. Haven't had any problems.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 01:52:17 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

When 3.6.9 is released?  What do you think?

Uh...I hope so?  :doubt:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I am not sure if it is a bug or a known issue, but...

Antialiasing and movie playback is a big No-No. Having AA activated leads to movie playback problems in OpenGL. All I get is black screen + sound. Interesting thing is: movies play in a window mode, but not in full screen mode. Deactivating AA solves the problem. (Might be Nvidia related)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Can confirm this...its an quite old problem to my knowledge but I don't know what AA has to do with the movies.

PS: I heard rumors about bumpmapping...is it true? How could I get my hands on a testbuild?
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Re: Black boxes, no burners.... drive me crazy....
I have, in my mediaVP folder: the 3.6.8 Medias, Axem's swirly warp effect, and the mp-710's. So why is it that nothing's changed?
Perhaps you are using Direct3D?  I've heard it has problems with alpha channels on effects (but it usually ends up showing WHITE boxes).
Also, make sure you don't have any strange things in data\effects or leftover mediavps outside of the mediavp folder.  but you probably knew all that...

OpenGL.... but I wonder about the effects folder. Might have some nebula effects left over....

EDIT: nope never mind. Emptied the effects folder, still getting black boxes.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 04:29:13 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Can confirm this...its an quite old problem to my knowledge but I don't know what AA has to do with the movies.
Yes, it's an old problem.  No marginally sane person tries to use movies in a game the way that we do though (with DirectShow) since it isn't actually a part of the game video system and you will constantly run into issues like this.  There is another thread which discusses this same issue, and we are probably going to drop DirectShow support in 3.7.  And with that AVI support will also be dropped.  At this point the idea is to support only MVE and Theora.  Unlike the AVI support, both of those formats would have codecs directly in the game source and be cross-platform.  Both audio and video would be handled directly through game code rather than a totally separate app/interface like it does with DirectShow.

PS: I heard rumors about bumpmapping...is it true? How could I get my hands on a testbuild?
Yes, it's true.
You can't. :)

The bumpmap code is on hold while I work on other things (like FS2NetD).  I'll start up on it again soon, but test builds will probably go only to the BtRL and SoL TCs, plus anyway that DaBrain decides to give the build to.  It's unlikely to go public until the new code hits CVS since those test builds will also introduce shader support.  Also, it will be OpenGL only since I don't know how to code it all up for D3D.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
What's the point, DaBrain is on WCS staff list as well :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
How good is this Theora? Personaly I don't like MVE...the quality compared to AVIs isn't that good and I don't like the idea of doing all this work with the movies just to have them compressed into a format with bad quality.
Are there other possible codec that could be included into the engine?

As for Bumpmapping...*goes over to Taylor and DaBrain and looks at them like this*

-=Please=-
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
blargh. i put in the alpha patches and **** and now i'm seeing the ugly nebula reflections when i shouldn't be more than ever now. they're everywere. techroom, lab, and in-game where there's nothing to reflect. it's especially ugly on the Triton and TC-TRI. strangely enough though, on some of the ships after i played a mission, the reflections left the textures except on the cockpits.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Did you guys fix the problem with the breifing music stopping an lagging up the game?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i thought that was due to crappy sound cards or sound drivers. ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 05:22:20 pm by Cobra »

Offline Asmo

I'm having severe sound effect - distortions. Like spaoisjdkrrrhhsssshshshshss. Not sure which effects generates it but it fudges the game up. Anyone recognize this and know a build without it?

Yes I have openal, soundcard etc all set up.