Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 6  (Read 22199 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 6
Debug build says nothing of that but instead informs of a debug error and the stack being corrupted around variable 'real_fname'.
... which is a good indicator that your filename for that mission is too long.  Maximum length is 31 characters, including the extension, which means that you can use 27 characters for the base name.  Check that the filename is short enough and let us know if that was the problem.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. That was exactly what I was about to suggest. I just wanted to test it first.

Long file names definitely can crash the campaign editor.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If C3M1.fs2 and/or C3M2.fs2 are too long, then I'd say the problem is on FRED's end...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
MediaVP's 3.6.8 Zeta are currently the most recent VP's. Don't forget Taylors 0710 patches on page 5. Or, here's a link directly to the top of page 5.

There are not any 3.6.9 VP's yet. DaBrain is likely still working on them and as of yet has not released any beta's and I don't suggest nagging him about it.

It's likely people are confusing the EXE builds and the VP builds. At some point they will come into confluence.

Ahhh, there we are.  Additionally, I had to unistall then reinstall FS2 and SCP. I saved my pilots, but when I start the game, I lost everything that was in the tech room database.  Do any of you guys know how to add these things back?  Thanks.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
MediaVP's 3.6.8 Zeta are currently the most recent VP's. Don't forget Taylors 0710 patches on page 5. Or, here's a link directly to the top of page 5.

There are not any 3.6.9 VP's yet. DaBrain is likely still working on them and as of yet has not released any beta's and I don't suggest nagging him about it.

It's likely people are confusing the EXE builds and the VP builds. At some point they will come into confluence.

Ahhh, there we are.  Additionally, I had to unistall then reinstall FS2 and SCP. I saved my pilots, but when I start the game, I lost everything that was in the tech room database.  Do any of you guys know how to add these things back?  Thanks.

Because of data pilot corruption, ALWAYS use a new pilot for each campaign you start.

In any of the Tech Room screens (even mission simulator) you can show all the items pressing Ctrl+Shift+S. And if you want to check all playable models, try pressing F3 from main hall.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
Because of data pilot corruption, ALWAYS use a new pilot for each campaign you start.

In any of the Tech Room screens (even mission simulator) you can show all the items pressing Ctrl+Shift+S. And if you want to check all playable models, try pressing F3 from main hall.

What?  :eek: Wow!  I didn't know that!  Is this something that you could do from the beginning or is this an SCP add on?

Offline neoterran

you have to do it or at some point, you'll lose all your campaign progress
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What?  :eek: Wow!  I didn't know that!  Is this something that you could do from the beginning or is this an SCP add on?

It's an SCP add on.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]