Author Topic: OS X test build - 20081026  (Read 5271 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
OS X test build - 20081026
This is the same as the multiplayer test build I posted yesterday, except that there are some graphics related changes as well.  I don't really hold out much hope of any improvement in the OS X graphics bugs department, but give this a try and let me know either way.  I know that some movie playback issues on ATI cards should be addressed now at least.  With any luck some general changes related to the same issue will have a positive effect in the rest of the game as well.

http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/20081026-osx.tgz

Offline Echelon9

Re: OS X test build - 20081026
In relation to the OS X issue on fullscreen (but not windowed mode) with textures coming out all white in the Tech Room and in game... it's still there.

I can't speak in relation to the many ATI issues, as I'm running on nVidia hardware here.

Thanks for trying to track down these bugs.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Yeah.  The graphical issues that existed both in GLSL and non-GLSL modes still exist :(.  Thanks for trying though...

Offline Tinman

• Released: WCS mini campaign
MBP ATIX1600, MacOS X 10.5.5
 - windowed mode: works well, IMHO the performance is better than before
 - fullscreen: techroom models white, ingame white skybox, but the models seem to have textures , no, my fault, no textures

so, best of luck tracking down these bugs  :nervous:

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Is there a difference between using -no_glsl and not using it?  And do you all have cards that should otherwise support it?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Echelon9

Well yes, using -no_glsl does mean the white textures in the Techroom on models and the white models and skybox in mission go away, but it also makes the models look rather, well... plain. Features that were working before like shinemaps/diffuse seem to go (AFAIK).

Net effect of -no_glsl is one step forward, two steps back.

Offline blowfish

It seems that it is just a problem with standard lighting (the kind that doesn't have to do with shinemapping or environmental mapping (the kind that was in retail - on a side note, it looks fine with -nohtl).  Also worth noting that environmental mapping is still broken.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I ask, because in the interest of moving along, I wouldn't want GLSL on the mac to be the only thing holding up a release.  However, a regression is not desirable at all, and I would hope that running with -no_glsl would get at least the same quality as it did in 3.6.9.  Since it doesn't, that's a separate bug of its own, but it's likely related to the problems with GLSL.  Either way, I would hope to at least get it back to the state it was in, so we could get 3.6.10 out the door and attempt to fix GLSL on Macs at a later date.  I'd prefer no steps forward or back than anything else at this point.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
See if this updated build does anything useful (*crosses fingers*):

http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/20081029-osx.tgz

Offline blowfish

:( I regret to report that nothing seems to have changed ... with GLSL or without ...

Offline neoterran

I have a mac with an 8600 in it, so i can provide feedback for non-ATI as well.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"