Author Topic: Latest trunk + Wanderer branch build with Radar Icons (Updated again)  (Read 10679 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Latest trunk + Wanderer branch build with Radar Icons (Updated again)
Hmm... Things didnt seem to be all that wrong with it. You could try without the mediavps (which you have in your main freespace directory though they would be better of in 'mediavps' directory). Or then with mediavps AND fs port mediavp patch (installed as instructed in the fs port release thread). This would allow us to figure out if the problem persists without any mediavp data or not.

Also did it happen solely with wanderer branch builds or also with other recent (trunk) builds?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

It seems that without the 3.6.10 mediavps, it works fine.

It looks like you can either run with 3.6.10 FSOpen or 3.6.10 Media VPs.  You can't have both, at least on my system.

It looks like any 3.6.10 build has this problem.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:09:08 pm by Tahna Los »

I'm now noticing this behaviour on ANY mod and not just ST:R.

I've also noticed that when I go to the tech room and click on a few ships, when I get to the Loki, the whole thing freezes.

[attachment stolen by Slimey Goober]

Hmmmph.... looks like my problems are related to this...

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,58371.html

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
So have the radar functions made it into SVN and the nightly builds yet?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Not until after 3.6.10.  Which, god help me, should be very close.  If we can just knock out a couple more really annoying bugs...
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline kkmic

kkmic, sorry I missed this but I could throw together a Wanderer build for linux if you'd like.  I didn't really think the interest would be that great right now.

Well, now you know :)

OTOH, my FS hangs when the Iceni warps in. Actually, it hangs while the subspace portal closes. The ship is fully into playing space.
I'm using the 20090112 build with Wanderer's branch.

I have an older nightly build 20081220 that works, but I am not sure if it is a bug related to this branch or the nightly in general.
I'll get back with a more detailed bug report tomorrow, if needed.

LE:
It seem that my bug report was a bit wrong. The ship in question is not the Iceni, but a mod of it (the one you can find in the Derelict campaign, I forgot it's name).
Also, the same freeze manifests itself when GTSG Mjolnir RBCs are present (the game feezes when pressing Commit after the briefing).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:57:36 am by kkmic »
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments will be lost in time... like... tears... in rain. (pause) Time... to die.

wxLauncher 0.9.4 Beta | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
More detailed report would be useful
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light