Author Topic: Antipodes 7 HUD Overhaul (Update 11/24/10 - r6775)  (Read 47908 times)

Offline Kolgena

Re: Antipodes 7 HUD Overhaul (Update 11/24/10 - r6775)
I must say that looks kind of strange. For FSPort, I think it's imperative to keep the round central HUD stuff round. It's a little easier to fudge in FS2, and since most of us have played on stretched HUDs for years, we don't like the normal squarish looking central stuff and at least The_E has opted to keep the rectangular center stuff.

That's pretty good. Just raise the threat indicator height to almost the same as the wingmen gauge and that would be pretty close.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline SC4RY_Z0MB13

• To trust is sometimes to surrender.
I decided to open a picture of the hud from Freespace 1 to try and guide my next iteration. I was very surprised to see how nice the original hud looked. The central gauges may not make a perfect circle, but they do not make some kind of weird potato. The new code is below.

Code: [Select]
+Afterburner Energy:
Position: (498, 439)
+Weapon Energy:
Position: (854, 439)
+Throttle:
Position: (570, 417)
+Weapon Linking:
Position: (791, 413)
Of course a picture is worth a thousand words.

The obvious problem with this compared to FS1 is the threat indicator gauge is still too low. Now the oval FS1 created is bigger horizontal than vertical.
I don't want to move the threat indicator upwards since the hostile, missile, and target triangles are directly above that. Above those we have the objective complete gauge and above that is the players hull and subsystem status.
Most of the gauges seem off center, just look at this shot.
--Whether true or false, what is said about men often has as much influence on their lives, and particularly on their destinies, as what they do.
--Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.

Offline Kolgena

Does anyone have the original coordinates built for 640x480? I could modify my calculator and spit out something as close to the original as possible.

As a side note, it's bugging me that the ETS gauges will look screwed up without the shield gauge. Without new HUD builds, FSPort used to have the two gauges lined up nicely without the gap in the middle (similar to how things look when you're in subspace). I'm wondering if it's a code problem that's preventing us from doing the same with the new HUD code.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I'm getting this problem where any sound played, except music, gets doubled. I've tested this with and without the build and on different mods. It's definitely Antipodes that is doing it. Also, the speed and warning gauges are now coloured differently. I'd like it set back the way it was:

Before -

After -

Offline Kolgena

What do you mean by doubled? Could you describe what you're getting a bit more? If EAX is turned on in your launcher, then you will get reverb sound effects. I'm not sure if that's what you're experiencing or something else.

I notice that you're not using a HUD_gauges.tbl with your setup. It probably won't make a difference to the coloring problems (which as far as I can tell are only affecting your left/right center brackets), but do you want to give that a try just in case?

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
How do I setup a HUD_gauges.tbl? Oh and turning off EFX solved the sound problem.

I really liked having the left and right parts of my HUD the same colour as the reticle so I'd really like to remedy this if at all possible.

EDIT: HUD_gauges is in there, I can tell it's working as the HUD has been bandied around on my current resolution. The colour problem still presists though. I'd really like it back the way it was.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:17:34 pm by Buckshee Rounds »

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
go to options, hud section and check the colors there.

[edit] actually, yeah, there seems to be a subtle thing there, possibly a bug, but still try and do what i said above :)
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Yeah I checked again Peceni the colours for the warning indicator and throttle only apply to the whole sort of HUD element thing they're in, but they used to have the colour of the reticle. Ack, I'll just play as is. I can't play FS without Fury's lighting settings now!

Offline Kolgena

You know that older builds should still work with Fury's lighting tags (if that's what you're talking about). Edit: Nm, realized you meant Fury's post-processing stuff.

They'll have stretched HUDs though.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:36:11 pm by Kolgena »

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
If there are no technical build issues involved with the HUD Code (aside from the aesthetics of getting a working config), then this is absolute Last Call for any problems related to the HUD Overhaul code before it goes Trunk.

Repeat: Last Call for any HUD Overhaul build problems
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
What Zacam said
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken