Author Topic: Sudenly having issues with Freespace 2 and FSO [SOLVED]  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Nosgis

Sudenly having issues with Freespace 2 and FSO [SOLVED]
So I just bought Freespace 2 on Steam two days ago, and I installed FSO 3.7.2 RC4, wxLauncher, and MediaVPs_2014 for updated graphics. Everything was smooth, I was playing a lot running the game in 2560x1440 with my HOTAS setup and having loads of fun.
Today I booted up to start on SP campaign mission 18, and as soon as I enter the menus to log my pilot/user in, the screen starts flickering and mouse is lagging and trailing. Loading times are slow, and when I continue my campaign it looks like the game is running unmodded in low res.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. See my attached log-file.

Specs:
Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit
Intel i7 3820
16 GB RAM
Geforce GTX680 running latest official driver 340.52.

I have not made any changes or updates to my machine since I started to play the game.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:54:10 pm by Nosgis »

Offline Parias

Re: Sudenly having issues with Freespace 2 and FSO
I was playing a lot running the game in 2560x1440

It doesn't look like that's the case anymore from the logs:

Code: [Select]
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1024x768 with 32-bit color...

Maybe a permissions thing. Have you tried implicitly running wxLauncher "as admin", re-applying all of your settings (resolution + any extra graphics flair), and then running the game to see if they stick?

Offline Nosgis

Re: Sudenly having issues with Freespace 2 and FSO
Thanks for answering. I just rebooted and tried to adjust the resolution in wxLauncher (running 3.7.2 RC4 DEBUG) to to both lower and higher res than 1024x768, but no changes to the log-file.

Edit: You are correct, permissions seems to be the problem! I just launched wxLauncher as admin and the problem is gone. Quote from log:

Code: [Select]
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 2560x1440 with 32-bit color...

I guess I can't open the game in (wsLauncher) Steam anymore. I added it as a non-steam game for easy access. It worked fine for a few days though....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:54:53 pm by Nosgis »