Author Topic: Weird .cpp stuff  (Read 1245 times)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Alright, the issue:

Code: [Select]
---------------------------
Assertion Failed!
Assert: cfbp->data != NULL

File: cfile.cpp

Line: 1057

ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! SCP_DumpStack + 354 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! WinAssert + 194 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! cf_open_mapped_fill_cfblock + 295 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! cfopen + 1029 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! anim_load + 984 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! bm_lock_ani + 96 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! gr_opengl_bm_lock + 760 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! bm_lock + 752 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! opengl_create_texture + 379 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! gr_opengl_tcache_set_internal + 177 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! gr_opengl_tcache_set + 118 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! gr_opengl_preload + 112 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! bm_page_in_stop + 256 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! level_page_in + 173 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! freespace_mission_load_stuff + 206 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! game_post_level_init + 177 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! game_start_mission + 373 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! game_enter_state + 511 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! gameseq_set_state + 310 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! game_process_event + 242 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! gameseq_process_events + 152 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! game_main + 782 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_NO-SSE-DEBUG.exe! WinMain + 330 bytes
[...]
[ This info is in the clipboard so you can paste it somewhere now ]

Use Ok to break into Debugger, Cancel to exit.

OK   Cancel   

Alright, this happends across several missions for my mod I am working on, but as you can see, error is not about the mod itself... and I am out of ideas. Maybe someone here will know what this is about?

fs2_open.log in attachment.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
It happens during the missions?  Are there any common factors between the occurrences like the presence of a specific ship or the use of a specific file, be it sound, effect or other file?

Offline Parias

Can you provide a bit more information about what exactly is happening when the crash occurs - and what the mod is doing? It still might very well be mod-related.

I'm not super-familiar with cfile.cpp, but from the logs it almost looks like the game is tripping up while trying to load an ANI file in.

Something you might want to try is attaching a live debugger while reproducing the issue, so you can see what's happening internally. This post outlines the steps for doing it. You can check the status of the engine's internal variables in real-time and see what's coming up bogus, which will give clues as to what you're doing wrong (or if it's maybe some odd engine bug).

Otherwise I'm not sure - if you're working with a custom mod, we'd need to know more about what it's doing when the crash happens before being able to comment further. Someone else might have more input though.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
As for a quick response, the mission tries to launch itself -> i go to techroom, select it, then it loads... and just as briefing is about to show up, it doesn't. I get that error.

Yes, this is custom mod of mine, but i don't believe anything should be wrong with it, previously everything was working fine with it, but it started to happen just recently no idea why... maybe its hardware related? I changed my machine recently too.

P.S.
As for live debuging... I am unable to provide the software you've linked. My network is currently a big piece of crap, so larger files just won't go through.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:57:38 pm by TheHound »

Offline Cyborg17

It probably isn't hardware. 

Take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, but the assert and the function it's testing haven't changed since FSO started.  I don't know enough to know exactly what is happening, but something about one of your file can't be read mapped by FSO so that it passes a null value.  FSO is basically choking on something.

If I'm reading it right (and due to my inexperience, it could be a *big* if) there are a lot of potential causes.

Offline Parias

OK - yeah, we're going to still need a lot more information about what's happening in your game environment.

Does the issue occur with a base version of the game or any other mods?

Can you provide more information about what exactly your mod is doing - have you tried incrementally removing non-retail assets to see if the problem goes away? Just saying that nothing "should" be wrong with your mod isn't enough; if the issue only occurs with your custom content and not the base game, something is obviously up. Maybe when you moved to the new machine, certain files were corrupted?

If the problem also occurs when running the base game with just retail assets, then something else is going on, but at least we'll know where to direct troubleshooting.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Alright, so here's an update. I was trying to figure out the problem, and I runned my mod without any flags set for my FS2 executable and.... it worked, missions that previously crashed, are now running....
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:06:47 pm by TheHound »

Offline Cyborg17

.... Interesting.  This could be an engine bug.  Do you think you can figure out which flag was causing the crash?

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
The first shot, are the flags from graphical stuff. Ill try to find the flag that makes this mess and will let SCP know about it.