Author Topic: Turret-fired-since  (Read 1582 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
I have a mission in which the player is tasked with providing TAG support for an Orion's main beam guns. I might be able to produce a work-around solution with fire-beam and ship-tagged, but since such a thing might come in handy in other occasions, I'd like to ask if there is any way to show the player the time since the last time a specific turret has been fired.

Ideally, there'd be turret-fired-since SEXP, but I couldn't find one. Although I could swear I came across one some time in the past. Unfortunately, I have no experience in coding. Maybe this wouldn't even be too difficult to devise. I mean, there must be such a counter in the code somewhere already, right?

AFAIK there's no SEXP like that. :(

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
I might be able to make lua sexp that does that... PM me on Discord if I forget.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 05:26:23 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Vassago's Dirge has a mission where you TAG enemy ships for some Mjolnirs, with a box telling you their cooldown and when they're ready to fire again. If you can try opening the mission up in FRED and rummage through you may be able to replicate what you want, or something close at least.
I could make you a lua sexp that does that... PM me on Discord  :)
That's easier too. :lol:

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
EDIT: Ah I thought there was a lua call to that but alas not, and a workaround would be rather complex. Best to check what Vassago's Dirge does. Sorry about that!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Dont forget to add the "same turret cooldown" (or whats it called) to the turret weapon to disable fire wait scaling by difficulty
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I have a mission in which the player is tasked with providing TAG support for an Orion's main beam guns. I might be able to produce a work-around solution with fire-beam and ship-tagged, but since such a thing might come in handy in other occasions, I'd like to ask if there is any way to show the player the time since the last time a specific turret has been fired.

Ideally, there'd be turret-fired-since SEXP, but I couldn't find one. Although I could swear I came across one some time in the past. Unfortunately, I have no experience in coding. Maybe this wouldn't even be too difficult to devise. I mean, there must be such a counter in the code somewhere already, right?

This really shouldn't take anything new, as long as you're only firing the beam on command. Just use some variables.