Author Topic: "Special ship out of range for (ship/wing"  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
"Special ship out of range for (ship/wing"
Well, I'm making a mission - actually a remake of an old mission cause the old one mysteriously stopped working (probably cause of the same problem, I got the same error message from it before when I was making the original). Anyways, this appears when I save. Beta wing is a group of Medusas set to guard a Leviathan. What is a "special ship"?
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That is strange; I have never gotten any such error before. Does the mission work at all in FS2? (a few of my missions give FRED2 errors but work perfectly fine in FS2)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I want to know what this means.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
it means it's creator said it was special, just like my mom says that I am special
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)

[This message has been edited by Alikchi (edited 12-27-2001).]
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Eth

Well I can answer half the question... I forget the other half  

The special ship is used for wings, is set by default to the wing leader (i.e. Alpha 1, Beta 1, etc.), and is used by the FS2 engine as the "anchor" point for the wing.

At one time I had figured out the specific error you are getting, but that was 2 years ago and I don't remember exactly what it was.  There are several threads on the   Fred2 forums about it, but it seems since they were taken over by that other company, the threads were made unavailable.  You can do a search and find the threads, but when you go to access them you get a "thread does not exist" error   (there is a TON of good info that is lost as a result... grrrrrrr).

* EE fades back into the ether *