Author Topic: Federal Navy revision project  (Read 63656 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Federal Navy revision project
Actually, I think it looks just fine. The new Nighthawk is slightly better, but lacks the 5th gunpoint.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
I just can't get over it looking like the fictional F-19, which was in one of my favorite old DOS flight sims by Microprose.

The new Kent looks absolutely spiffing. Can't wait to drop a few kidneys and blow stuff up in it.  :D

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I would love to see an optimized remake of the MiG though. It's a cool ship, and I'd love to see it back as the Lao Tze in BP.
With the MiG, the actual modeler  (Steve "Coolhand" Tyler ) only gave BP permission to use it provided that the credits are given to him. He only gave it to BP because it was never supposed to be released in the first place, but BP2 already used it, so he didn't blame the team for the confusion.

I sent him a personal message to find out about this some months ago.

Because The Aiinsari and Lao Tze are not made by Steve-O AFAIK?
I donno who made the Aiinsari, but the current Lao Tze is a HEF Blizzard by Vengence. Both of which look rather out of place with the rest of the UEF fighters which otherwise look very similar.
The Blizzard was designed with autoaim/autoconverge in mind, I feel, and it works fine when it has those. But that's neither here nor there, it's not by Steve-O and it doesn't really need to be re-made at all. I don't get why you're talking about those two in this thread. This is not the BP forum yo.

and please stop using the BP names outside of the BP forum, show a bit of respect to the people who made it and named it originally you know?

I would love to see an optimized remake of the MiG though. It's a cool ship, and I'd love to see it back as the Lao Tze in BP.

Ah, that would explain a lot. As for the names thing--I simply didn't know who/what the originals were or were by, but I had to convey what I was referencing somehow.

I brought up the other UEF fighters because this thread is titled 'Federal Navy revision project'--I thought the other Federal fighters were on-subject, but I guess I was mistaken about that; sorry. Do I understand correctly, that Steve-O made (or was a primary creator of) these models and is doing a remake of most/all of them? I vaguely recall the original names for the Uhlan, Kent, and Uriel being something like Lancer, Jackal, and Wraith, but I can't remember if those were simply old names or the original models.

I've never heard of the Nighthawk as a model before, so thanks for clearing that up (Doesn't look bad at all, just kind of clashes a bit with the aesthetic of the other UEF craft); I'm curious about where it has been used beforehand.

Also, I forgot to mention before: the new models/looks of the various missiles and missile pods look amazing. Really helps to give the various weapons (in any mod) some memorable character, in a way.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Because The Aiinsari and Lao Tze are not made by Steve-O AFAIK?
I donno who made the Aiinsari, but the current Lao Tze is a HEF Blizzard by Vengence. Both of which look rather out of place with the rest of the UEF fighters which otherwise look very similar.
The Blizzard was designed with autoaim/autoconverge in mind, I feel, and it works fine when it has those. But that's neither here nor there, it's not by Steve-O and it doesn't really need to be re-made at all. I don't get why you're talking about those two in this thread. This is not the BP forum yo.

and please stop using the BP names outside of the BP forum, show a bit of respect to the people who made it and named it originally you know?

Ah, that would explain a lot. As for the names thing--I simply didn't know who/what the originals were or were by, but I had to convey what I was referencing somehow.

I brought up the other UEF fighters because this thread is titled 'Federal Navy revision project'--I thought the other Federal fighters were on-subject, but I guess I was mistaken about that; sorry. Do I understand correctly, that Steve-O made (or was a primary creator of) these models and is doing a remake of most/all of them? I vaguely recall the original names for the Uhlan, Kent, and Uriel being something like Lancer, Jackal, and Wraith, but I can't remember if those were simply old names or the original models.

I've never heard of the Nighthawk as a model before, so thanks for clearing that up (Doesn't look bad at all, just kind of clashes a bit with the aesthetic of the other UEF craft); I'm curious about where it has been used beforehand.

Also, I forgot to mention before: the new models/looks of the various missiles and missile pods look amazing. Really helps to give the various weapons (in any mod) some memorable character, in a way.

Okay Salty, for reference, the ships by Steve-O in the Federal Navy (which is not referring to the UEF navy), and what they are used for in BP.

Lancer -> UEF Uhlan
Jackal -> UEF Kentauroi
Wraith -> UEF Uriel
Banshee -> UEF Izrail
MiG -> UEF Lao Tze (old model)
Thor ->
Reaver -> UEB Lapith
Saracen -> UEB Durga
Hell Raiser -> UEB Vajradhara

Torrent -> UEC Sanctus
Hyperion -> UEFg Karuna
Tethis -> UEFg Narayana
Vexor ->  UED Solaris (old model)

...am I missing any? I don't think so...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Steve-O made the MiG? I thought it was somebody else.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yeah, it was someone else, but Steve-O converted it.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Yup. Coolhand made it and allowed BP to use it as long as proper credit was given. I mentioned this a few posts back.

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
more updates. still truckin' along on this. just finished the engines last night.

and to compare the old with the new.

"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Wow. Those top launchers look badass. And the cannons, I love your sliding cannons.  :yes:

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

You almost make me depressed that my 3D skills are ****.

You almost make me depressed that my 3D skills are ****.

:jaw:

I shed a tear at the beauty/awesomeness/extensive detail.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline --Steve-O--

an update.
texture progress on the hull-- added wear and tear, resolved the main gun issues (went through 4 version....ugghhh), completed hierarchy for moving parts and set them up for conversion....hmm what else....finally ready to move on to the missile launcher and cockpit, that is always good....you got to see the engines, took care of that...ummm....think that's it...been kinda slow going.

oh and a close up of the main guns of the jackal, the Alliance made and FCN modified UM-5A Tachyon cannon.

"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

What's the deal with that thing above and behind the cockpit?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Darius

I'm guessing it's a replacement for the primary bank that was previously below the cockpit. Looking pretty damn cool.

I'm also enjoying the hexed tailfin business and the wing stripes.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
smoking hot!
el hombre vicio...

I'm guessing it's a replacement for the primary bank that was previously below the cockpit. Looking pretty damn cool.

It can't be; those guns are still in their old position. Is it a missile bank, I wonder?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That would be my guess, since the foldout launcher that used to be in the same space seems to be gone.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yes, it's most likely a two-tube missile bank. A great looking one, I might add. Also, I love the UM-5A. Can't wait to see it in action (you do have a new effect for it, right?).

Offline --Steve-O--

I still have a few things to tweak with the glow map, actually POF and table it, then.... done. for now i proofed it to make sure it would convert with no hiccups and i am proud to report NO hiccups!