Author Topic: Federal Navy revision project  (Read 63675 times)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Re: Federal Navy revision project
You have some awesome texturing skill there Steve-O  :nod:. Looking at that model, I could literally taste the metal in my mouth.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
STEVE-O ! How JU do this? Those textures are like the sweetest manjar my eyes' palate has ever tasted. Thou must have a lot of patience and skill for such beauty.

Cool concept, beautiful execution, and the grunge is really well done. Five stars on this one :yes:

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
doing the final touches on the jackal, and getting a repaired lancer ready for publishing. check back in couple days!

until then......
Some new toys!!
SHRIKE
Rebuilt and textured. intended as an area effect Disruptor/EMP weapon

GBU-240
General purpose bomb, mounts to anything and works great against small capital ships
Didn't have to do much to the GBUs just revise the texture a bit and make them shine!

STORM FIRE
Rebuilt and re purposed. its now used as a shield breaker primarily but will chew through armor given enough hits.

also wanted to experiment with the shine maps a bit.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Wow. I always loved your weapons. Can't wait to put them into action.  :)
On topic of weapons, are you going to include some new primaries with the Jackal? I really like your effects.

Offline --Steve-O--

heres the revised fighter pack. it contains the repaired version of the lancer (no hole), updated wraith(texture revision) and the jackal plus more weapons and effects.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?67z16w2lv1kdqb0
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I love you Steve-o-
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Awesome! Already installed, thank you Sir Awe.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I wanted to say you're God, but then I saw the contents of the pack. It wouldn't do you justice. :)
EDIT: One minor nitpick. External models for the Tachyon cannon are missing from the pack.

Offline --Steve-O--

oops...knew i missed something

clicky
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bvlm99digv9quy8

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Cool models and stuff, but I must admit one thing too: You're awesome effect artist. Your weapons looks just brilliant!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Is it me, or does Archer_Bitmap.dds look rather like my https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108527177513041551340/albums/5635997811675936497/5732503061894815346 ?

Convergent evolution?

Offline --Steve-O--

it is indeed. i just renamed it for organizational purposes. i grabbed that and the green one a while ago and could not remember who published it originally or even the thread i saw those on, like the tachyon bolt effect. i know its a little late but for what its worth, may i have permission to use this and RPlasmaL_Full in future releases?
either way I'll update the readme's credits section for great justice.

Ah, gotcha.  Definitely, glad to see them being put to good use :)

Offline mr.WHO

Hi,
Any chance to have a revision of those two (my personal favorites)?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Right. I just love the Banshee. Hellraiser is also great, but since it's a massive bomber, it's somewhat less useful. But if there's one ship I'd have to choose from this pack, it'd be the Banshee.

Good sir, there appears to be another model missing from the FCN fighters2013 archive. 'ArcherTECH.pof' for reference. Otherwise, everything else seems to be there.

And seconded about the Banshee! That baby deserves a rebirth  :D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:53:26 pm by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline --Steve-O--

they are all getting overhauled, Saracen, banshee and hellraiser. looking at the banshee there are some things i want to do differently....nothing drastic though. the hellraiser is being redesigned...its to big and flat.
and as far as archer tech goes...its an old model no longer used, forgot to purge it from the table...i still need to make a new model for that....scurries off to the underground lab