Author Topic: Ultra HD Bearcat  (Read 13731 times)

LOL ok I already have a Hi-Def thread and now I need something even higher, so Ultra LOL.

No I'm not dead, just haven't had a whole lot of time or interest lately, BUT....... I've been reworking the Bearcat over (yet again). It's no where's near Star Citizen quality but it's the most detailed I've done so far. Right now it's sitting at a little over 200K polys, it does run in SCP.  Haven't played with it in-game because no lodding yet, so not practical.  The lack of real animations (my animation script only works with linear rotation speeds, not curved) is also a problem.  Mind you I'm running with a 290x and the F3 viewer is showing a solid 60fps, PCS2 is very sluggish through.

and yes there's a P3D for it:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
OH MAN!! Welcome Back and that Bearcat is looking SOOOOOO COOOOOOLLLL!!!!

:D :cool: :pimp:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
This looks great, but IMO, it should have wheels, not landing struts. Wing Commander ships had wheels. Also, putting the guns on the side like this would cause problems with switchable weapon models (we really need an option to reorient the model per hardpoint...).

I'll see what I can do about the wheels... shouldn't be that difficult, I'm not as worried about poly-count .  Oh and I think WC1 & 2 didn't have wheels, just landing pads.  There's a few areas that need to be touched up, detailed and the cockpit needs to be completely overhauled.  I'm thinking more of a virtual HUD layout rather than the more modern jet fighter setup, sorta like was SC has right now.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Who needs wheels?  Spaceships can land straight down.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

Pfft; Welcome to the 1980s:

Landing @1:20  Takeoff @5:30

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:13:29 pm by jr2 »

Offline Aesaar

Are these spaceships supposed to take off and land again every time they need to be moved around a launch bay?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I NEED  a cold shower now.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Now with wheels:

Wheels look a bit better than my last try (the HD models), they look chunkier and can handle the weight.

Also.. new tachyon gun mount

and a new P3D version:

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
This model is incredible.  :yes: :yes:

FINALLY got the canopy frame to look descent. Between the mesh normals just not smoothing right and downright crashing  :banghead: it's taken a while LOL.  The canopy itself has about 26K polys.

The cockpit tub itself needs to be redone, but for the moment I think I'll be reworking the intakes, they're basically a .1% scaled down model of the Behemoths gun barrel LOL

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
SCOOBY DOOBY DOO!  :yes:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Hot damn
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Lt. Spanks

• Not A Lieutenant
*Licks lips*
Teacher: "Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!"

Student: "Teacher... there is an exception to this rule."

Teacher: "And what is that student?"

Student: "Catching the Iceni"

First attempt to get it into the Unreal 4 engine (btw it's free to use now, just waiting for crytec engine to follow suite...)

Tons of stuff missing (doesn't like having instances/references) and missing polys.. but it's a start

Now even better!

I have to collapse the meshes before export, otherwise the symmetry modifier seems cause missing triangles.  There's three new scripts in the Useful scripts thread for all this.

Now with 100% more glare LOL

Side thrusters have been upgraded.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ohh, shiny!  Reminds me of:  (EDIT: The glare, I mean, not the ship!  lol)