Author Topic: GTF Kehpri II WIP  (Read 2717 times)

I decided to create a separate thread on this  so here it is....

And so I begin...

UV Mapping that is.
So far, mapping out the materials with about half done.

Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

It's encouraging to see you doing UV Mapping, Jadehawk! You've got so many WIP models that I was worried would never get finished due to the UV mapping hurdle. So, let me encourage you to continue as you do. Looking forward to see the results.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Yeah this one is kicking my butt...I may have to try different  software as Wings 3D somehow does not like my Kehpri (and many of my other models too) no matter what I do. Might just get it over with and try Blender.

I wish I could give you any real advice on it, but the good thing is that others with experience can always give advice and suggestions in terms of software. Don't burn yourself out either way. I'll keep my eyes on your progress!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Thanks, I got so frustrated I stopped for awhile collect my thoughts and wits. The Blender UV mapping seems to be extensive enough that I should do better. Time will tell as I really like to get this one completed and in game as with all my other Vasuden ships.

Material organization, how does it matter?
Hi folks,
Still working the materials for this fighter. I have far more than I realize and wonder if I approached this wrong or not? I'm at work so no screenies to show you anything, but I wanted to ask you when you do your materials, does it matter how you name them? I asked because I attempted three times to do a UV mapping and get nowhere. Maybe it's because it's not 100% completed with the materials? Or my organization...or lack of so to speak.
Lastly, I am going to try using a stand alone UV mapper as I gave up on Wings 3D for that part and I think it's me more than the software.

Opinions?
Thanks!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I remember what Kobrar and Moonred used to say and Wings has the worst UV tools possible. Maybe try to switch to Blender for UV part? UVing will always be a pain in the ass, no matter which soft you will use.

As for the materials, their names doesn't matter. Their count does. Why do you need so many to cover your ship? For models of this size single 2048x2048 px texture is enough. One material = one texture in later stages of convertion.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Lithium unwrapper is free and what Steve o uses.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The paid version of Lithunwrap is also worth considering. If you have the I think $35 available, it's a fantastic piece if software, and a legitimate improvement over the freeware version, especially for curvy models.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Thanks again Fellas :) I'll look into Lithunwrap and see how that goes. If all fails., Blender next.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It's 100% worth reading up on any and all docs and tutorials you can find on the subject as boring as it may be at the time.  It will pay off in the end.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I like the curves on this ship. It has nice lines.

Thanks for the kind words bobbtmann :)

Ok...I am 99% completed with the material on this thing. My problem is the missile tubs and gun barrels. Should I do a "peel" back on the insides and outsides of the barrels? Peel again for the missile tubs? How do you guys do that?

Thanks again and I'm not gonna stop on this.

BTW, I completed the cockpit mapping as well. Give me awhile to post that.

ok, here is the Kehpri's cockpit. Material is there and yes this fits the fighter :)

https://p3d.in/Du1BU

You will see the big parabolic 3D tactical HUD that the Vasudan Pilot can control his fighter, weapons and everything he or she needs. It will be semi transparent.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:40:09 pm by Jadehawk »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oooh cool a reclined postion?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================