Author Topic: Having Trouble with Old Mod  (Read 1450 times)

Offline CrazyToast012

• Been play'n this game far too long
Having Trouble with Old Mod
I've recently booted up FreeSpace2 after a long time away and remembered about an old story line mod I was working on and wanted to play it. However I keep getting this message trying to run it.

weapons.tbl(line 4962):
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [;; Create 15 "Cluster Baby" chil].

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 12 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! SCP_DumpStack + 213 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! Error + 230 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! error_display + 202 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! required_string_either + 155 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! parse_weaponstbl + 271 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! weapon_init + 83 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! game_init + 1373 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! game_main + 330 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! WinMain + 222 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_4.exe! __scrt_common_main_seh + 253 bytes
KERNEL32.DLL! BaseThreadInitThunk + 36 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath + 253 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath + 205 bytes

For some reason I can't seem to figure it out.  I've gone through the weapons.tbl and tried everything I could including deleting the affected line, replacing it, etc.  After 5 hours of staring at the screen I cant figure it out. I'm probably missing something silly somewhere to make it compatible with this version of FS2open.  However like I said I haven't messed around with this stuff in so long I've almost forgotten everything.

Any help would be appreciated.   

Link to mod
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-yNZ7QKYIIDTU4wWFpObEpKS0k
When [if] I go to heaven, and the big man asks me what did I do all my life I'll say "stayed out of trouble and played FreeSpace until I passed out!"

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Re: Having Trouble with Old Mod
There are a ton of errors in those tables, unfortunately.  The specific problem you are having is likely in the previous line: $Flags:                                ( "player allowed" "Spawn Cluster Baby,15" "Bomb" in tech database")

You'll see that the in tech database flag is missing its initial quotation mark.  The are plenty more errors to fix, however.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline CrazyToast012

• Been play'n this game far too long
Re: Having Trouble with Old Mod
There are a ton of errors in those tables, unfortunately.  The specific problem you are having is likely in the previous line: $Flags:                                ( "player allowed" "Spawn Cluster Baby,15" "Bomb" in tech database")

You'll see that the in tech database flag is missing its initial quotation mark.  The are plenty more errors to fix, however.

oh snap, looks like I got some work ahead of me.
When [if] I go to heaven, and the big man asks me what did I do all my life I'll say "stayed out of trouble and played FreeSpace until I passed out!"