Author Topic: Tyrian FSO (updated 9-11-17)  (Read 2310 times)

Tyrian FSO (updated 9-11-17)
So i been fiddling with different things and how i like overpowered ships, i decided to make a mod based on Tyrian using FSO.

picture attached of current WIP on ships, ill update this post as i move forward.

However i have an issue i know how to make the 3d models (and how to put them into FSO) but i dont know how to texture them and get even half acceptable results, Blender is not an option i just cannot handle it, i am too idiot for it and the UI drives me nuts.

is there any kind of software where i could pick the triangles and assign colors or textures triangle by triangle on top of the 3d model?

alternatively would anyone like to help me texture them?

Nort ship Z, Gencore Phoenix, USP Fang, Gencore 2, Microcorp Stalker WIP Attached screenshot, currently working on storm ship and starting tabling, smoothing groups, basic materials before i start putting them onto PCS2.

Starting with enemy ships already, attached is the U-Ship current WIP.
SKETCHFAB:
https://skfb.ly/6urKX
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:38:54 pm by assasing123 »

Offline boewolf

please let this become a thing.  love me some more real Tyrian

please let this become a thing.  love me some more real Tyrian

Getting the ships made and into the game is the easiest part, as is the weapons (sort of...), mission design is not much of an issue (basically going to make it a kill all you can until you reach a point on the map in certain amount of time)

however the upgrade system is something i certainly have no idea how to handle at all. 
i should be done with basic ship models in about 2 weeks and then slap them into the game with some basic tables, and make a demo mission by the 21 of september. got an exam the 9 so thats what is delaying me of having stuff done faster. (thankfully having just sprites as source material makes modelling easier)

Re: Tyrian FSO (updated 31-8-17)
Tyrian in Freespace???

I love you?

Marry me??

jk, jk... but this is awesome. I do hope it sees light.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Tyrian FSO (updated 31-8-17)
Where's the carrot ship?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them