Author Topic: Oddity - bomber not using torpedos  (Read 159 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Oddity - bomber not using torpedos
I was testing soemthing and noticed that my bomber wing is not using it's most powerfull weapons.

The bomber (Armageddon) has 3 missile bank - 1st is Helios, 2nd is Synaptics and 3rd is specialized bank that holds 4 massive Judgment Day torpedos. Yet the bombers never fire them.
They use Helios and Synaptics and call support when they're out. I've never seen them use Judgment Day, but I'm using it without problems.

The torpedo has range, it's lock-on time is comparable to that of a Heliosm, it has a 300m arm range.
Has all the necessary standard flags, like "player allowed", bomb, huge, supercap, capital+, "no dumbfire", etc.. :confused:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Novachen

• The one and only Capella supernova.
Re: Oddity - bomber not using torpedos
Did you have already tried the good-secondary-time SEXP in the mission?
Female FS2 pilot since 1999.

German Translations created by me:
Between the Ashes: Slaves of Chaos, FreeSpace Port, The Destiny of Peace, Silent Threat: Reborn (in development), Awakenings (in development),

Other projects:
FSPort Mission Upgrade, Out of the Shadow: Nova Safiya Edition (Remake of the Out of the Shadow campaign, in development)

If you want to know, what my nickname means, -chen is a german diminutive term, so you can translate Novachen as something like Little Nova or Novalet.
Even my original meaning of this name is more like "Sweet pretty deadly (Super)Nova" ;).

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Did you have already tried the good-secondary-time SEXP in the mission?

Nope. None of the other weapons require it.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

If I were you, I would try if any other warheads in that last bank will be used by the AI.
Excuse me for any spelling errors I make - I'm still learning English :P