Author Topic: GTVA Terran pilots  (Read 6102 times)

Earth matters an awful lot to the GTVA, on the whole. I think it'd be more likely that the pilots would be motivated by a desire to liberate it from the Federation than by apathy for it.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Ideology can create a really powerful attachment to distant places you've never been. I'm not offering this as a direct analogy, more of a mechanical illustration — ask people from mainland China about the political status of Taiwan, more than half a century after the separation.

Offline -Norbert-

On one hand people have been removed at least two generations from Earth, but on the other hand remember that the GTVA and Petrarch were only able to hold the Terran part of the GTVA together and finance the Portal by totally fixating the Terrans on the return to Earth.

Earth was sold to them as paradise and the solution to all their problems for years, so I doubt there are many who just don't care about it.