Author Topic: BP Is Real....  (Read 2042 times)

Remember one of the Granite Hunter documents about the Vishnans' ability to interact with their past timestream?

Apparently there's some real world basis for it: "Physicists Demonstrate How Time Can Seem To Run Backward, and the Future Can Affect the Past"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
What an interesting devalopment.

Offline qwadtep

Causality is really tricky because you can't observe it directly, only by correlating events with other time-irreversible phenomena. It's entirely possible that cause and effect can occur in reverse, or even simultaneously, but I'd caution against forming any particular conclusions unless you have a doctorate in the field.

What an interesting devalopment.
It's quite a brahmatic revelation, isn't it?

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I just don't see away around it.  If they have managed to do what they claim, then, logically, what other result can you come to?  I'm just glad this seems to have some consistency with quantum entanglement. 

Perhaps this is the next step to see more fundamental truths about the universe.  We need a good way to explain the fact that quantum mechanics seem to work without causality.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
The article seems quite lengthy, and it's late for me.  Maybe tomorrow someone can tell me if it's worth reading, or yet another case of journalist sensationalism grossly overstating, misunderstanding, or misrepresenting science.
I like to stare at the sun.

It's worth reading, and not only is the result of the experiment itself interesting, how they managed to do it from a technical point of view is fascinating. Plus, yay Australian science!

As far as the possibility that time is only linear because of our observation of it, that's not a new concept though, it's been around in one form or another for at least the last 40 or 50 years. :)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I just don't see away around it.  If they have managed to do what they claim, then, logically, what other result can you come to?

that the particles never leave superposition, but that they merely entangle with each other. that our observation of the particle is merely us becoming entangled with them. that the particles, including the ones making up our bodies and minds, or that could, are existing in all possible states that the could simultaneously, but that our perception of them is only that of the state that matches with the set of states that make up all of the entangled particles that make up our minds.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together