Author Topic: Standalone  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

There will randomly be a Standalone up and running as Multi issues are tested for, sorted and patched, but I'll be trying to keep a constant one running set to BP2 Multi.

Course, if the SVN ever get's an update, it will have to relaunch, but right now it's running on r260.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Lester

You, my dear Sir, are awesome.

Is the server going to be restarted by a script which checks whether there have been updates on the SVN, or is it going to be restarted manually?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Actually, as it turns out, there are "is-key-pressed" events that, rather than being tied to the Game Host Player, are tied to the host exec serving the game.

Which actually doesn't make a Standalone viable at the moment until (and if) such a thing can get fixed. (Either for all clients or at least the Game Creator player)

But rest assured, I still have a Standalone up (Currently set to retail) and I'm more than happy to have people use it to test for bugs re: Multiplayer, especially if I'm present and can participate.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
If you are in a situation where you can't forward ports, this is very good news for you since ANYONE can make a game using a standalone server. All you have to do is log into the game using bp multi and look for the server in the games menu. Recommend people try the servers out, It can only mean good things later on. If you're interested in a game, bug people on IRC.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.