Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844207 times)

Unlike BP and WoD this mod seems to be priding itself on having a very large modpack with lots of hype (intended or not) surrounding it, so taking that into account I think its fair to level criticism at its ships on their visual appeal, not on tile-mapped vs. textured as some people are trying to make this.  I don't think anyone has been complaining about how the tilemaps are going to negatively affect their framerates, just that currently the Bastion looks really ugly, tilemapped or not.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline CT27

Sometimes I feel that the criticism for Inferno is out of principle for what it stands for rather than for any legitimate reasons.

Could you clarify that a little please?  What do you mean when you refer to what Inferno "stands for"?   I think I have an idea of what you're talking about but I'd like to be sure.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
If Spoon uses badly optimized and low poly models, he can get away with it because they don't look like ****
FTFY

Hell I did say earlier that for some ship, the low poly INFR1 versions look as well or better than the current, high poly versions showed here.

The quality of the models is not the problem here, it's about how they do all those efforts making high-quality models and then ruin them, and then show it like it's something to be proud of.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:26:57 am by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
For the record, we are damn proud of Inferno in its current iteration.  Haters will always exist, and we will release Inferno based on our preferences.  Other than that arguing back and forth is fruitless because we have no ideation to rip up our project and rework it based on a few divergent comments made by naysayers.

R

Offline Aesaar

Well, it's quite fortunate that no one even remotely suggested that you rip up your project, isn't it?

Offline Luis Dias

Do we really need all this snark and demotivational shenanigans? Is this useful in any possible way?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Seriously, consider this a final collective warning: several of you need to take a significant chill pill, and maybe look up the definition of a lovely little thing called "tact."  I should probably go through the past few pages with a chainsaw and splitlock the hell out of them, if the INF guys are okay with that, but I'll give this one more chance to be civil and constructive.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I should probably go through the past few pages with a chainsaw and splitlock the hell out of them, if the INF guys are okay with that, but I'll give this one more chance to be civil and constructive.
I have no objections, would rather that than to have to close the entire thread down.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I should probably go through the past few pages with a chainsaw and splitlock the hell out of them, if the INF guys are okay with that, but I'll give this one more chance to be civil and constructive.
I have no objections, would rather that than to have to close the entire thread down.

indeed, please can we get back to the eyecandy?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Go one thread down and you'll find some recent ones from the current mission builds, plus a Colossus Vs Nemesis test fight.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Colossus vs Nemesis? Holy mackerel.
Think you'll make a video of that?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You can do it in like 5 sec in FRED if you wish.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Colossus vs Nemesis? Holy mackerel.
Think you'll make a video of that?
No point right now, my test Colossus table owns the Nemesis in about a minute. Think I need to tone it down a bit :D

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
No point right now, my test Colossus table owns the Nemesis in about a minute. Think I need to tone it down a bit :D

Well it makes sense the Colossus is designed to kill super destroyers after all :D
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I gave it 6 heavy beams, if the Nemesis isn't far enough back to use its main beam it can't even bring the Colossus down to 75% by the time it is destroyed.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
ouch lol
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
jesus this is still going
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I think it's the only one of the first wave of non-TC big HLP projects that's still pushing forward.

Offline Lorric

jesus this is still going
You've been here before I see, before I came to HLP.

Holy ****, Inferno is still alive :O

That fighter looks neat, but the red "streaks" are kinda blurry.
This post was your last post before the above one, 3 years later. :)

And again:

Good to see INF is still alive. I'd love to play INFA, but this comp is teh suxxorz.
6 years ago. Perhaps your death will occur before Inferno's death at this rate... Inferno supposedly will soon release a remake, with a further project toward that end planned after the upcoming release. I'm sure they can explain it better than I can, I've mainly stayed away from this board, intending to play this remake spoiler-free when it arrives, as I have not played the original which it seems intended to replace.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:33:46 pm by Lorric »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I think it's the only one of the first wave of non-TC big HLP projects that's still pushing forward.
And probably the only one with the same project lead for the entire time.