Author Topic: HiRes Demo  (Read 17268 times)

Done, I've added all the confed weapons I have to-date. I might add some of the more odd-ball/one-off weapons at a latter date, fusion, reaper, scatter etc.... 

Next build release: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/HiRes/Demo-Bearcat-07-10-14.rar
Also modified the hud and cockpit a bit
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Blue:

Green:

Yellow:

Red:

WC 2:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That looks nice. Any chance of integrating team colors into the Hi-Res remakes? This allows you to "paint" up to two colors (defined in colors.tbl) on the texture using a special "-misc" map. Simply make an uncolored base, and a -misc map with areas used by the "base" color in red, and "stripe" color in green. The stronger the color on the -misc map, the more intense the coloring on the corresponding texture area. You'll need to play around with it to get it to look right, but the results can be really good.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I also thought of team colours when I saw those shots. :yes:

Anyway, this ship is looking really good! Except for that WC2 paintjob - it doesn't really work for me. I assume it's a canon paintjob though so I'm not saying to get rid of it or anything... :nervous:

That looks nice. Any chance of integrating team colors into the Hi-Res remakes? This allows you to "paint" up to two colors (defined in colors.tbl) on the texture using a special "-misc" map. Simply make an uncolored base, and a -misc map with areas used by the "base" color in red, and "stripe" color in green. The stronger the color on the -misc map, the more intense the coloring on the corresponding texture area. You'll need to play around with it to get it to look right, but the results can be really good.

Could you point me to more info about this "-misc" map?  Search isn't giving me anything useful about it.

Anyway, this ship is looking really good! Except for that WC2 paintjob - it doesn't really work for me. I assume it's a canon paintjob though so I'm not saying to get rid of it or anything... :nervous:
Ehhh I'm not really good at WC@ era painting.  It can look good but for me it just doesn't seem to work very nicely.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=79743.0
There's just about everything. The only thing is that instead of normal map, you make a new -misc map and instead of blue, the stripe color goes to green channel. Also, you probably don't need to mess with the shader anymore.

Oh wow, that was probably the easiest update available!  Ok what other new features am I missing? LOL

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
May I request logo-less versions?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Ah, that would be nice. Preferably, with a continuous stripe running through the wing.
Also, I just recalled something you could add: squadron insygnia. They're pretty easy to do in PCS2, and can look really nice. They could go on tail fins or on wings.

I think I looked at insignia before, but it lacks shine/normal mapping.  Unless things have changed.

Also the logo-less version should only require a different -misc map correct?

Next build: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/HiRes/Demo-Bearcat-08-04-14.rar

Note this isn't a vp file, it's a zipped folder.

1.) Temporary extract the contents somewhere (like the desktop).

2.) Under Maps folder there is a series of subfolders (Corners, Logo Stripe and One Stripe).  Each one contains a different color pattern.  Select which one you want and copy the dds files you want to use down one folder (into maps\) and delete the rest.

3.) Built a vp then move that file to the mods folder. Treat it like any other VP file.

4.) You can delete the extracted files now.

An automated assembly would be nice.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
This is actually a better way of distributing mods, IMO. Since your mods can't really be used standalone, it's preferable to extract the VP you provide anyway and incorporate the files into the mod's folder structure. Most devs do it like this. VPs have the advantage of a nice file browser, but that's it.

There's some nice Oblivion/Skyrim mods that have installer scripts that not only let you choose what you want installed, they give you preview pictures of it.  (The Oblivion GUI replacer comes to mind).  It'll be like: which color pattern would you like or none? and it'll copy the necessary files.

Another release... this time with a better HUD

http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/HiRes/Demo-Bearcat-08-23-14.rar

Edit: Yes I fixed the Kills position, didn't see it until I uploaded the pic  :banghead:

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Talon version is available now:  http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/HiRes/Demo-Talon-8-29-14.rar

There will probably be newer versions available at some latter date if needed
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:34:39 pm by Scooby_Doo »