Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 174938 times)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Updated 27/2/2008

Well it's taken its time, but despite impressive efforts on behalf of bugs and disgruntled .pofs, Transcend is getting released.

Story:
Only a few short months after the end of the Second Shivan Incursion, amongst the chaos of Capellan refugees and ever-heightening levels of piracy, mysterious things have been happening on the edge of GTVA space. Unexplained disappearances, strange rumours ...

Lieutenant Sunder Marcel enjoyed his assignment in the Luyten patrol. The pay was average, but the work was quiet and that's why he chose it. The only enemies he had to face out here were pirates and arrogant traders. Both had the same motivation: money. That's something he can understand.

Then comes the charge of treason. He goes willingly, of course, because surely it's a misunderstanding. But the three pilots that come to arrest him have made no mistake.

Required to play this campaign:
FreeSpace 2 Open
MediaVPs

Transcend [44 MB]

Huge thanks to the SCP for their awesome work, and to phreak and taylor for their dedicated bugfixing - Transcend would have been impossible without it.

UPDATE: Backslash has put together an update to the campaign which adds the new starfield skybox to the missions and fixes a few bugs. The main link has been updated.

UPDATE: Download updated. Now uses modular tables and the ending has been converted to OGG. Also fixed a few minor bugs.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:34:09 am by Ransom »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
44MB ey? Might be a bit to much for my poor 56k to handle :D

Maby I will get it (an all-nighter..)

*shudders at the though of how long it would take to upload his own campaign once finished*
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hmm, when i got halfway through mission 1 i crashed.

i'll get the debug error in a bit.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

D'oh! SCP-needed! :(

Offline Nuclear1

The thread, she's full of complaints! :D

Anyway, I'm loving it so far, Ransom. Great atmosphere and story, really adds to it. :yes:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
*switches to goober's fs2open_r build*
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Well, I can't get past the starting load screen for the Campaign. It gets about half bars and then locks up my entire computer. Goober Build OpenGL.

Works fine for me and i even forgot to switch to OGL. Make sure u have all of the updated SCP media VPs just in case.

Originally posted by MatthewPapa
Works fine for me and i even forgot to switch to OGL. Make sure u have all of the updated SCP media VPs just in case.

And where might one get those??

Will it work with version 3.6.5?
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Akalabeth Angel
D'oh! SCP-needed! :(

D'you have a low end system or something?
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by DarthWang
Will it work with version 3.6.5?

Don't think so. Taylor's latest is the one being reccomeneded over on Game Warden.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by WMCoolmon

D'you have a low end system or something?

More/less, think it's 450mhz or something (overclocked from 300?). After I'm through with school, starting this August, assuming I get a job I'll buy a real computer sometime . . .:lol:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
Ransom...I'm kinda disappointed in you. You didn't playtest.

Otherwise you would have noticed that in the last few missions the civilians can't be saved. Dueling GTVA warships gun them down regardless of your efforts. Not only is it silly, it looks really stupid to see an Orion blow away a civilian Hippocrates.

Aside from that, there was also one case where you apparently forgot to change the Generation's name from a previous version...the rather apt Persistence.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by ngtm1r
Spoiler:
Ransom...I'm kinda disappointed in you. You didn't playtest.

Otherwise you would have noticed that in the last few missions the civilians can't be saved. Dueling GTVA warships gun them down regardless of your efforts. Not only is it silly, it looks really stupid to see an Orion blow away a civilian Hippocrates.

Aside from that, there was also one case where you apparently forgot to change the Generation's name from a previous version...the rather apt Persistence.
[/B]

Spoiler:
I did playtest it. Not thoroughly enough, apparently, not sure how I missed that. As for the second thing, ghn, Freudian slip on my part. I'm surprised neither myself nor Duelron caught that.

Patch

Spoiler:
i didn't notice it as being a problem. This campaign has about 50 missions, so you can't blame us for missing the odd bug
$quot;If a battle don't have lotsa dead aliens, big spaceships and tons loot, it ain't worth fighing.$quot;
- Duelron1001 - Freelancer Commander

Leader of the Freespace: A New Age HW 2 TC mod

any shivans in that campaign ?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Spoiler:
$ grep -r "fade-in" *
TransE2M2.fs2:   ( fade-in )
TransE2M5.fs2:   ( fade-in )
TransE2M5.fs2:   ( fade-in )
TransE3M3.fs2:   ( fade-in )
TransE3M6.fs2:   ( fade-in )
TransE3M6.fs2:   ( fade-in )
TransE4M10.fs2:   ( fade-in )
TransE4M11.fs2:   ( fade-in )
TransE4M4.fs2:   ( fade-in )

HELL YES! :D

Also, brilliant campaign so far. I would not have guessed that fs2 could be so creepy...I actually found myself wanting to edge closer to other friendly ships at times... :nervous:
-C

Offline Kie99

What does the patch do?  Should I download it now or when I finish the campaign?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
On the plus side, I am very impressed that you've managed to turn FS2 into Dean Koontz-ish horror...

Having foolishly stayed up all night to finish the campaign, I must also congradulate you on some very nice FREDding in parts, and note that OpenGL is not required at all for anything to work.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story