Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 174935 times)

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Well, for some funky reason, the music actually played in the last mission. I mean, I was almost done with it awhile ago, but I had to quit, so I just went back to finish the last mission today and...well...

Hot damn.

Spoiler:
Who would have thought that pressing the rewind button would be so satisfying. That was beautiful work, that ending movie there.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Spoiler:
I found the ending movie dimly ironic...I was originally inspired to implement the time-compression SEXP after watching Slipstream, which has an ending sequence almost exactly like the one in Transcendance. I dunno if that was an inspiration - probably not, it was a Sci-Fi cheapie movie - but it's still a little interesting to me, that things went full circle like that.

I actually sort of liked the campaign without the ending movie, though - I watched it after the whole thing, since AVI movies don't play under Linux, so it immediately jumped to the first mission clone. I suspected what had happened, but there was still that moment of uncertaintly...will it start all over again? Then the Orion appears.

IMHO that was an unintentionally brilliantly subtle ending because, it's like, has the player gotten stuck in the same situation as tehy thought the Transcendant was, and reliving his last memories? Or was he actually sent back in time? I can just see the virtual audience breathing a sigh of relief. ;)
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by AqueousShadow

MUSIC?!!??!?! Gah...it's all been killed...how did you get music? Isn't there a problem with the vp or somethin' somethin'. I only ever get music in the briefing/debriefings. :(

Spoiler:
There's a new tune in the last mission. Nowhere else though so unless you've got to that one you haven't missed anything new. The music in the last mission is triggered using a SEXP which is why it plays when everything else didn't

The mv_music.vp problem though casn be solved by moving mv_music and warble to the freespace2\Data folder apparently.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 01:54:18 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Hum, i've just see yesterday, that stupid mv_music.vp crashed Fs2 and all the mods i have. Whatever build i use, Fs 2 crashed except the 18032005 build. Don't know why.

And, after reinstalling Fs2 and the Fs2 SCP, i found where the problem comes. Unfortunately, I prefer listening my own mv_music, because it give to Fs 2 more intense combat with a good military music from Japanese games (Metal Gear Solid 3, Front Mission, Ace Combat).

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I should issue a recall on mv_music, until an official build is out that actually plays OGGs. :p
-C

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by MetalDestroyer
Hum, i've just see yesterday, that stupid mv_music.vp crashed Fs2 and all the mods i have. Whatever build i use, Fs 2 crashed except the 18032005 build. Don't know why.

I've got pretty much exactly that problem. Check your errorlog.txt file and see if you've got this line.

fs2_open_G-20050715 caused an Access Violation in module ntdll.dll

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Kosh
Spoiler:

1.) I was kind of disappointed that we never found out why "End" ended up the way it was, and also the complete story behind the 103rd.

2.) How the hell did Omega wing know so much about the Transcendent?
[/B]

Spoiler:
Both of those I plan to explain in later campaigns.

Originally posted by Cobra
uh-oh, no End Planet.

Are you running it with the -mod commandline? If not the stars.tbl in the root_FS2.vp is overwriting Transcend's one.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Those look like Lightspeeds' nebulas, so I think he's running without -mod.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
If anyone wants to discuss theories and things, see this thread (spoilers, obviously).

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn
Are you running it with the -mod commandline? If not the stars.tbl in the root_FS2.vp is overwriting Transcend's one.

Originally posted by ngtm1r
Those look like Lightspeeds' nebulas, so I think he's running without -mod.

Guh! why wouldn't i use the -mod command line?

eh, i probably overwrote Ransom's table with lightspeed's (since Transcend uses lightspeed's nebula. :p)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Spoiler:
Cant finish the campaign as I keep getting a bloody memoery error or something when you finally kill thats his name and it starts loading something pain in the ass

Nevermind, older build fixed it, great campaign! :yes:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 03:19:35 pm by 717 »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Aaarg, your campaign is excellent. I've no word to say it's perfect work.
The strange voice scared me ^^ I hate hearing this kind of voice.

I've just finished the campaign, and i want more. :D

Spoiler:
I don't know why Omicron 2 and 3 turn back to kick my ass in the last mission. Which sort of power has this Transcendant ?? O_o

How did he disappear and reappearing in front of you ??
Damn stupid questions, i 'm too curious now :D

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Originally posted by karajorma

I've got pretty much exactly that problem. Check your errorlog.txt file and see if you've got this line.

Hum, I've got the same problem. Why this stupid mv_music needs this stupid ntdll files ?? O_o

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Do me a favour. Try moving mv_textures.vp files out of your FS2 folder and try running the same mission. Bet you it works now.

That's not a solution to your problem of course. The best thing you can do is to simply delete mv_music but do me a favour and try that one first.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:02:08 pm by 340 »

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Spoiler:

I'm sort of confused to what on earth happend to omnicron at the end, if they didnt show up again where did they go?

actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Kie99

Spoiler:
They were dead.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Spoiler:
I somehow imagine the whole time reversal thing would have undone such matters as their deaths...

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Spoiler:

Yes, it undid sinclairs death (was that the name of the trader?), so i find it hard to beleive it didnt undo theirs

actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Kie99

Spoiler:
Unless it was just Kappa One's memory, of how things would have been if he hadn't been initiated into Omicron.

Spoilers for Sync:
Spoiler:
Perhaps the Alternate Universe in Sync, with the Xenophobic Vasudans, was The Transcendental's imagination, where the T-V war had continued, and the Vasudans had won. "It is the Death of your species whcih guides you".

Now I know what Alpha 3 was talking about when he said he could fell something watching him.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Spoiler:
I think they didn't arrive because their arrival (and presumably the original Omicron 4's death) were probably consequences of the Transendant's rise in power. At one point Omi 3 points out that she never found out how Omi 4 died... chances are he was absorbed into the Transendant without their knowing. If that's so, then Omi 4 never died in the new timeline and therefore they never had to go fetch Kappa 1.