Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 174938 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Download this and remove mv_models.vp
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

mmmh
Now, i have no Model of the Cruiser in the game, i only see the flames of the Engines.
Maybe it works with the High Poly Version of the Fenris, where can i get the .pof File?
My old mv_model file is over 42 MB big, is it really right to remove it for the small "Kara Low Poly"?
Thanx

Mav
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 03:51:29 pm by 2976 »

Offline Nuclear1

You did download the Replacement Ships Table, right? That seems to be what you're aiming for.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

I already use this table and i remove my mv_models.vp for the "kara low poly model" file. But un Open GL i have no Cruiser Model in the game and on Direct3D i have 4 fps in the whole campaign.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Just take the last Media VP in the official site of the SCP.
The actual VP are the 3.6.6, take all of them and put them into the Freespace2 folder.

You don't need to add or modify tbl files, except if you want the 3D Shockwave from Dabrain.

Now i only use the actual 3.6.6 vp Files, the FS2Open20050622 and the weapons_exp.tbl for dabrains 3d Shockwave but it still didn't work. I have still graphic problems with the cruiser. With  the "Replacement Ships table" it didn't work either.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by [Wolf]Maverick
I already use this table and i remove my mv_models.vp for the "kara low poly model" file. But un Open GL i have no Cruiser Model in the game and on Direct3D i have 4 fps in the whole campaign.

mv_models contains high poly versions of the standard ships in sparky_fs2.vp if you remove mv_models everything will simply use the low poly versions with one exception.

The Fenris and Leviathan use different models in mv_models but the same model in the standard version. If you removed mv_models and tried to run Transcend the game would crash the first time it came across a leviathan with a "Can't find cruiser01x.pof" error.

There are two possible solution to this

1) You're not running with the -jpgtga option set. Go to the launcher and click on the features tab. Tick the enable jpg,tga textures box.

2) If that doesn't solve your problem remove both the Kara low poly models and mv_models and use the tables that nuclear1 posted. The problem with that is that the fenris and leviathan will look identical again.

Try number 1 first as it's the easiest and gives the prettiest results. If it doesn't work 2) should almost certainly solve your problem.

I think i got it.
With the 20050622 Build i've got serious graphic problems with OpenGL. It is not the cruiser, the most of the cap ships are broken. On Direct3D everthing is all right and with the 20050103 Build OpenGL works too.
I played the first five Missions with the 20050103 Build but then the game crashes while loading the sixth mission, i hope the rest of the campaign works with the 20050103 Build.

Mav

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I doubt the campaign will work with 20050103. Ransom used some cutting edge stuff in the campaign that isn't in anything except the most recent builds.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Goober5000
Spoiler:
1) What's the significance of "Everybody Has a Limit"?

2) If Omega knew everything about the Transcendant, why didn't they try stopping it themselves?

3) Those sound clips are very intriguing.  I suppose they mean something (or at least allude to it).  Any plans to explain?  Or this this another thing left purposely vague?

4) Why does destroying the Transcendant reset everything?  Does that mean he has some weird influence on time?  It seems to me  that although reality should stop being twisted, nothing should be reset: i.e. everything should continue as it was at the time of destruction.
[/B]

Spoiler:
1: Think of 'limit' in mental terms rather than physical. Does that help?

2: They didn't want to. AqueousShadow explained it quite well in the theory thread:
Originally posted by AqueousShadow
They just seemed like a bunch of crazed fanatics, really, unless he of course was drawing them to him like the pirates and civilians. ... the fanatics came to the Transcendant because they were drawn to him and they were awaiting the "inevitable" end, their marriage with the darkness.

3: For now, I think I'll wait and see if anyone can come up with any ideas regarding what they allude to before giving out hints.

argggh
OpenGL drive me nuts. With the 20050103 Build in the Techroom all Models and Textures are correct but in The Mission I have Texture Problems too, not so bad like in the 20050622 Build but its enough. I'm totally confused now.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What kind of texture problems are you getting. Invisible ships? Have you followed my advice about using -jpgtga?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn
Spoiler:
1: Think of 'limit' in mental terms rather than physical. Does that help?
[/B]
A little. :)

On Build 20050622 @ Open GL i have huge geometric figures that block the screen, i couldn' make a screenie of these and its pretty hard to explain in english. but i could make a sceenie of the texture problems with build 20050103:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1396/graphic012zc.jpg

The disable of the -jpgtga textures didn't change anything

Offline boewolf

First let me say that this is a beutiful peice of freding.  however I can't stop this error message showing up at the end of the mission, wait now i can't even access the brefing...  Its just after calculated error.

Error: Unrecognized operator.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( is-event-true-delay "genarrive" 41 )
   ( fade-out )
   ( self-destruct
      "Ulresh"
      "Nu 3"
      "Nu 1"
      "Cancer 3"
      "Virgo 1"
      "Virgo 3"
   )
   ( ship-vanish
      "Krace"
      "Xi 2"
      "Xi 1"
      "Xi 4"
      "Cancer 4"
      "Cancer 2"
      "Nu 2"
      "Nu 4"
      "Virgo 2"
      "Virgo 4"
   )
   ( send-message-list
      "Ulresh"
      "High"
      "Ulresh_2"
      "Generation"
      "High"
      "Generation_3"
      "Xi 3"
      "Normal"
      "Xi_1"
      "Generation"
      "High"
      "Generation_4"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: fade-out)
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4517

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently using FSO 3.6.5 (None of the rest worked)
also using the patch for Transcend.

This also happens every time.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The problem is that 3.6.5 is older than the fade SEXP.

We need to solve your problems with more recent builds if you want to play. Ransom wasn't joking when he said you needed to use a recent build.

He may be wrong about needing OpenGL as some people say they've successfully run the game in D3D but needing a new build is an absolute. Without one the best you can do is get through about 7-8 missions and then the campaign will fall over on you.

@Maverick - That's a different problem to the one I was thinking you'd be getting. That one definately looks like a bug. Head over to the SCP forum and report it along with as much info as you can. Whathappens under D3D instead of openGL with a recent build BTW. Just cause Ransom himself couldn't get the campaign to work under D3D doesn't automatically mean you won't.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 12:31:38 am by 340 »

Offline Kie99

Spoiler:
In the mission where the Generation gets attacked by the Hecate, the Hecate jumped in, and was attacking the Generation with it's beam on the side.  Unfortunately the Generation managed to destroy this beam with a Slasher.  This has happened twice and I had to use cheats to finish off the Generation both times.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
The bombers couldn't handle it? The Hecate launches at least one wing of Artemis and one of Boanerges.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Kie99

Spoiler:
They were all dead by the time it was at 30%
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Spoiler:
Same deal here, although what I did was time-compressed it while the Hecate fired away with its AA beams. :p
-C