Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 174937 times)

Spoiler:

I didn't have any problems with the Generation: since I habitually destroy capbeams anyway, the poor G spent most of it's time barely armed.  If the bombers get destroyed the Hecate takes FOREVER to kill the damn thing by itself, though.

As an aside, some of the missions carried over damage (across two missions I nearly destroyed the Generation myself) but others don't, even if they're directly linked (ie the interminable 'run for the node' missions)

Offline Anaz

Very nice. Played through it this afternoon, and one awesome experience :yes:

Spoiler:

As far as nitpicks go, sometimes the transcendant's voice files wouldn't play. Seemed to randomly pick and choose. Probably because I'm using an older build. It would also crash every few missions when I tried/something tried to warp out. Fortunately, I got lucky and most of those were "cutscene" missions, so I didn't have to re-shoot things.
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

This is so utterly frustrating. The campaign is sheer brilliance, but I can't finish it!

The stupid loading screen crashes the second it hits the halfway mark. The mission...Well I don't freakin KNOW the mission cuz of the crash. Its right after the one where the Saya woman disappears.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
What build are you using and does a debug build tell you anything? You need to have > 3.6.5
-C

Originally posted by WMCoolmon
What build are you using and does a debug build tell you anything? You need to have > 3.6.5

I'm using the G_20050728 build, AKA the newest.

The debug build...well, I tried running it, but it tells me it can't find a bunch of nebula files, even though 1. I have all the media VPs, and 2. There were never any nebula problems in the game.

FUKOOOOV!

C'mon, people! Anything? Anything at all?

I REALLY want to finish the campaign...

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Seems like you don't have Lightspeed's nebulae.  Get this VP here:
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/new365/ls_neb.exe

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Or take all the LAST media VP here :
http://scp.indiegames.us/download.php?list.2

And take the last build (the 20050722 or the 20050728 ).

Within that you have all you need to play this campaign.

I'm having one hell of a problem.

In the mission 'Chaos Rain' with all the Vasudans and Terrans shooting at each other I get random crashes. They can be as soon on as 5 seconds into the mission or to a few minutes in.

This is extremely frustrating.

It cannot be amount of ships because I've made missions that feature multiple Destroyers, cruisers and corvettes in upwards of 60. I have the patch, and have put it in my transcend mod directory.

Any ideas?

EDIT: huh. Works now.

Finished it. MY GOD! What an ending! This is quite possibly one of the best campaigns ever!

Now, what's this Sync everyone is talking about? Links?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 08:19:35 am by 1820 »

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
ive only played through half of it....

dude....this is teh sort of campiagn I someday hope to make. You've just raised the bar from Homesick a notch, and a rather hefty one at that. Excellent work - the praise is well worth it!

Can't wait to see BR top this though :drevil:
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Rott3

Originally posted by Azrael15
Now, what's this Sync everyone is talking about? Links?

Sync

Sync is Ransoms other campaign. And a mighty good one.
Bet ya can't stick it

Seems like you don't have Lightspeed's nebulae. Get this VP here:
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/new365/ls_neb.exe

Or take all the LAST media VP here :
http://scp.indiegames.us/download.php?list.2

And take the last build (the 20050722 or the 20050728 ).

Within that you have all you need to play this campaign.

Thank you both for trying, but as I said, I a) Already have all the mediavps, with the exception of mv_cell and mv_zpack, and b) already possess and have tried both those versions of the SCP. No go.

And again, I'm quite certain I'm not missing any nebulas, as I haven't had any background troubles at all throughout the entire campaign (and the last time I DID have bg problems, all that happened was that the backgrounds turned white).

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I'm not sure the media VPs come with all of Lightspeed's nebulae. adv_effects seems to be the only one that includes any of them, and it only includes the retail FS2 replacements. But this can't be the reason for your problem.

Try this. It's a replacement mission file, assuming I've guessed correctly as to what mission you're having trouble with. Since I didn't have the problem, this is just a guess and I have no idea whether it's going to work or not. If it doesn't work then try getting LS's nebulas and run it with the debug build.

Offline Kie99

I've got a VP called ls_neb.vp  that has LightSpeed's Nebulas in it.  I'm 99.9% Sure I got it in a Media VP Download.  Possibly the 3.6.6 beta?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Ok, downloaded ls_neb.vp and the mission file.

...Still no worky. So I ran the Debug build with the nebulas. I first got a few messages about the Kelpies table files (no problems, since it's a newer build). Then I got this message:

Warning: Couldn't open texture 'THRUSTER01'
referenced by model 'fighter2t-03.pof'

It then began loading, but crashed at the halfway point just as the Exp05.ani finished loading and Exp05_1.ani was beginning.

Should I post the fs.log?

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Boomer

My God....

I finally took a break from MODding to actually play the game so I downloaded Transcend and...

Its a masterpiece.   I mean it excellent.  I'll have to check out Sync methinks.  Keep them campaigns a comin'.
Viva la UBERBOMB!

"I have no gods, only questions." -Me

A man once came to me and asked me to express a profound thought.  I told him.....<Static>...

Look on the bright side, it looks absolutely nothing like a penis.-Turambar

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by kietotheworld
I've got a VP called ls_neb.vp  that has LightSpeed's Nebulas in it.  I'm 99.9% Sure I got it in a Media VP Download.  Possibly the 3.6.6 beta?

I might've released it with it, but it's not really part of the official releases since it doesn't improve retail FS2 stuff; it's only used for various mods. It has all of Lightspeed's extra nebula packs.
-C

HEEEELLLLLLPPP MMEEEEEE!!!

FUKOOOOV!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
Then I got this message:

Warning: Couldn't open texture 'THRUSTER01'
referenced by model 'fighter2t-03.pof'

Odd. Didn't you get a message about another texture being missing first? That error is with the high poly perseus and I get the exact same one but it complains about the glass texture being missing first.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

No, I only got two error messages about the Kelpies subsystems, including a note that if I had a recent version of SCP (which I do) it wouldn't be a problem. Then I got the thruster message.

FUKOOOOV!